School starts in 10 days (+-)

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Sooner or later I am going to track down that Bill Gates guy for a little talk.....     

I believe Bill Gates is bigger on vaccines and condoms.

• Like 2

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I am in the process of buying school supplies for 152 kids, K-6 grades.  The stuff gets heavy so I can only buy so much in a day!  We will deliver to a province school up in the mountains this weekend. 

What a fantastic idea Tim, bet that brings a smile to the kids face and yours.  Hat off to you, very kind and thoughtful idea!

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My Philippine relatives support a public elementary/high school with a 4,000 student population. The school is named after a relative who served as assistant secretary for Public Instruction (precursor to the Philippine Department of Education) during the Commonwealth Era. 

First step was asking everyone to empty their personal libraries of books you read once or twice and place in a shelf to gather dust. It tripled the size of the school's existing library. Next step was rummaging for usable items to either give students or sell to raise money. This included clothes. Then it was a series of fund raisers for school supplies and scholarship money for one graduating senior.. 

To make sure the students directly receive everything, teachers and administrators submit a list and someone in the family purchases the supplies. The scholar is recommended by the school. The money is deposited in a bank account in his/her name.

• Like 2