Automobile Shipping Co. East Coast USA

Analytically Correct
Posted
Posted

Hi all!

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an automobile shipping company to ship my Wrangler from the East Coast USA to Palawan?

Thanks!

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Analytically Correct said:

Hi all!

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an automobile shipping company to ship my Wrangler from the East Coast USA to Palawan?

Thanks!

I think most people use the 'don't bother trying and getting wiped out by Customs fees so sell and buy once you get here' company.

• Like 1

Analytically Correct
Posted
Posted

Yeah.  That was my fear.  What about shipping companies to ship:

1 mountain bike (competitive)

1 road bike (competitive)

golf clubs

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Google "balikbayan shipping".  It will give you a list of shipping companies.  Call them and they should be able to give you estimates.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I think most people use the 'don't bother trying and getting wiped out by Customs fees so sell and buy once you get here' company.

Actually, if he's a returning OFW? He is displaying place of birth as Philippines. I think he can bring a car back if he has been out of the country long enough. If the road bike is a motorcycle? I think that that would be a sore spot. Maybe you can take the bicycle apart and put it in the trunk of the car when you ship it.

I just looked deeper into it and while an OFW has the privilege to import a car, they really get no special treatment as to fees and taxes. I think you would be better off to sell and buy a car when you arrive. I have a toyota that would be worth triple what it is in the US but it would cost 5 times it's US value to get it on road in the Philippines.

Edited by robert k

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, robert k said:

Actually, if he's a returning OFW?

A Correct, all the above answers are good, and Robert K brings of a good point. Let me share a story. M brother in law works for the Philippine state department, after his last overseas posting to Guam, he brought his American purchased car with him. Since he works for the government, he did not have to pay import, VAT, or any other type of fee. He didn't even have to pay for shipping. But once here, he had to get it inspected through customs, evaluated by the LTO and I don't know who else. Bottom line is he did not get his car for 8 months. Now if a guy who works for the Philippine foreign service has that much hassle, imagine yours. :hystery:

• Like 3