S & R Supermarkets

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

They are the only place I have seen real pickles and the giant jar is only p300 (1 gallon?)

Is it Strub's sandwich pickles? I buy them from Costco.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jpbago said:

Is it Strub's sandwich pickles? I buy them from Costco.

Vlasic.  Not my favorite in the US... but all I have seen here... and only at S&R so far.

• Like 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

We have an S&R here in CDO. We do a lot of our shopping there now.

The steaks are great, Florida orange juice which is very difficult to get hold of down here is always in stock.

it's not just the food but a lot of items such as tools, household items etc. It has a great selection. Often once these items are sold out you don't see them again but a lot of the stock is continually changing which I find is quite varied.

Ken

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 5/31/2017 at 0:15 PM, RBM said:

I would endorse this Kev, many items are in fact more expensive than supermarkets, even though  at times bargains can be found. Also have bought a few wines not available elsewhere, what annoys me is, often one returns just a week or so later for a particular product that in many cases is no longer available.

What are the wine prices like RBM?  I am sick of drinking cask wine here in Thailand.  When I first went to Phils, I could buy Rothbury wine for $6  bottle and it was very good drinking.  Now it is $8 (AU that is).  But better by far than the stupid prices here as they slap 220% tax on Aussie wines, even though we have a 'free trade agreement with them'  -  only free for them, is their motto.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Having read all this, I will heed the words of warning, but will not be able to help myself go and have a look, buy some stuff no doubt.

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted
On 5/31/2017 at 10:52 AM, Queenie O. said:

I  Has anyone gone there, or are there other branches in other areas of the Philippines? I couldn't really justify belonging to both stores, but I'm tempted..:smile:

Queenie, the wife went the other day. Her and the House-slaves' assessment was that essentially it was just S&R without as much choice and a little more expensive. I didn't bother to enquire deeper :smile:.

• Like 2