Money transfer FAILS

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, virginprune said:

My bank is HSBC. Many years ago I opened an account with NatWest and closed it within months as I found them unappealing to deal with.

The thought is in my mind to get another UK bank.I am in the process of selling my property in the UK so for now I think I will wait,after all sometimes it is better the devil you know.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

The thought is in my mind to get another UK bank.I am in the process of selling my property in the UK so for now I think I will wait,after all sometimes it is better the devil you know.

I've got two HSBC accounts. One in the UK and one in the Philippines. I can Global link them both and do instant transfers of money, literally in seconds free of charge.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 6/3/2017 at 5:16 AM, Huggybearman said:

Does your bank do SWIFT transfers? I do a transfer every month from my UK bank to my BDO account here in Phils. It is invariably in my account the next business day. It is a very simple, no hassle procedure. 

Ken

True, have used it many times, no problems.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 6/2/2017 at 11:24 PM, Daganflyer said:

I came to the Philippines for a temporary stay Nov. 2014 and we will be leaving for the USA this month(2017).  Initially I tried to use XOOM but they gave me a hassle, their review team required a copy of my passport.  I did this, they still held up the transfer requiring me to call them, the calls are not FREE.  I then went to REMITLY and have had the same problem.  I then did a direct deposit of one of my checks to a Philippine bank.  As we are leaving this month I had to cancel the direct deposit.  So here I am back again trying to do a money transfer this time using Remitly and once again their REVIEW TEAM is holding up money transfers despite my sending them a copy of my passport and giving them every assurance that I am here trying to transfer money from my US bank account to our Philippine bank account.  We now have a mortgage and a auto loan here, and we will be assisting a relative too; so I am trying to find a HASSLE FREE way to send money here.  I have already contacted banks.  I have complained to REMITLY.  I am now putting this on the forum to see what others do, as I am sure others have the same problems that I am having.  Thanks.

By the way welcome to the forum, don't be a stranger.