London terror attack

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

For once my day did not start with, what's happening around the world news from the BBC.

It was only after a friend spoke to me late morning, I found out this latest attack had taken place in London again.

In Manchester (not so far away) tonight a "POP Concert" will take place, the event will include many celebrities and donations of

all funds raised to go to the victims and families affected by the Manchester Bombing last month.

However last night's targetting of innocence tourist and people enjoying the warm evening air around London's river Thames area,

has once again create fear in the heart's of good people.

I have always been alarmed by the right to bear arms in the USA, never agreed with interference in other country's affair's and now

find myself considering the right to defend your family as well as the country by what ever means it's takes.

A number of people last night tried to defend those attacked before help arrived, although those mowed down by the white van had no chance.

I am left wondering if responsible people with no criminal background, upright citizens should be allowed to carry a weapon.

I never thought for one minute I would ever think that way.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've got a few friends still doing security work overseas in the likes of Iraq and Afghanistan. Some of them were responsible for gathering intelligence and passing it back up the chain of command and monitoring known insurgents. When Angela Merkel opened her borders to the Syrian (so called) refugees their world imploded overnight.

Most of them operated in small teams with a driver, translator, chef etc. They lived among some of the large military establishments and secure compounds. They were telling me they watched Merkel on Sky TV saying about her open border policy and they were fuming. Talking among themselves about the possible consequences. Sure enough next morning as they were about to go on a routine patrol there was no chef, translator or driver. They radioed HQ for an update and it turned out a lot of the team members had literally packed their families up overnight and headed for Germany. These guys are no threat but by the time they got a full team together and went to monitor their insurgents they were no where to be seen either they'd also packed up and headed West.

Thanks to Merkel and her ilk we now have terror cells spread throughout Europe. It's going to go pear shaped soon. We're lucky here in the Philippines as Duterte doesn't take prisoners, but our politicians even if they find the terror cells are powerless to do anything but monitor them until they carry out an attack thanks to their human rights laws. I think it's going to cause so great a conflict among the local communities that soon there will be civil disturbances in the larger cities.

Human rights , but what about my rights to live in a peaceful place not having to fear anything, and the rights of the people who get killed.

The people who do these things should lose every right there is and death is the only right they will be allowed.

Just my thoughts , as i have to be careful saying this out loud in my country.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

For once my day did not start with, what's happening around the world news from the BBC.

It was only after a friend spoke to me late morning, I found out this latest attack had taken place in London again.

In Manchester (not so far away) tonight a "POP Concert" will take place, the event will include many celebrities and donations of

all funds raised to go to the victims and families affected by the Manchester Bombing last month.

However last night's targetting of innocence tourist and people enjoying the warm evening air around London's river Thames area,

has once again create fear in the heart's of good people.

I have always been alarmed by the right to bear arms in the USA, never agreed with interference in other country's affair's and now

find myself considering the right to defend your family as well as the country by what ever means it's takes.

A number of people last night tried to defend those attacked before help arrived, although those mowed down by the white van had no chance.

I am left wondering if responsible people with no criminal background, upright citizens should be allowed to carry a weapon.

I never thought for one minute I would ever think that way.

To Dangerous in my eyes John,

What is the answer i have no idea only silly things like we have to stop all these so called meeting places and free speech on our streets claiming death to every person who is not preaching Islam ,

We the people who work/live and call England home must be protected first sod the rest of the world, and anyone found guilty of doing these things kill them, as that is what they are wanting to do to us.

To many do gooders here in England. again just my own thoughts.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

e question then becomes, how much freedom do we have to give up because we have already given up lots of freedoms and we are no safer or happier

"Freedom is just another word when there's nothing left to lose."

words from an old song 

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

I live on the edge of London, about 15 miles from last nights attack.  This morning like every Sunday morning I took my dog down to my local park where a group of us 'oldies' walk our dogs and have a gossip. This morning one of the group was in a very sombre mood, he and his family have been up all night getting hour by hour updates on his nephew.  His nephew was in the immediate area last night where the cowardly terrorists carried out their latest slaughter on innocent victims, he was stabbed with a carving knife and has been having blood transfusions throughout the night, he is alive but in a critical condition. This cannot be allowed to continue.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

This cannot be allowed to continue.

I agree. Something must be done, the sooner the better. 

"THEY" are having a field day at the expense of innocent people. 

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

.  His nephew was in the immediate area last night where the cowardly terrorists carried out their latest slaughter on innocent victims, he was stabbed with a carving knife and has been having blood transfusions throughout the night, he is alive but in a critical condition. This cannot be allowed to continue.

What can I say Eddie, but my thought's and prayer's are with him and all those recovering in hospital at this time

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Some governments have gotten their countries in too deep and they don't even know who is in their country.  These types of attacks by radicals will continue until the citizens start putting them down.  Unfortunately the citizens of U.K. are not armed.  A few armed citizens could have minimized the impact of a attack like this.

I know several friends and family in the U.S. who have gotten permits to carry a firearm.  Those permits will increase with attacks like these on the rise.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Some governments have gotten their countries in too deep and they don't even know who is in their country.  These types of attacks by radicals will continue until the citizens start putting them down.  Unfortunately the citizens of U.K. are not armed.  A few armed citizens could have minimized the impact of a attack like this.

I know several friends and family in the U.S. who have gotten permits to carry a firearm.  Those permits will increase with attacks like these on the rise.

OMW

I hate to have to say this. I have always considered myself a man of peace, but find myself thinking along those lines.

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Just now, Kuya John said:

OMY

I hate to have to say this. I have always considered myself a man of peace, but find myself thinking along those lines.

Same here.  I have never owned a gun and only fired a .22 once.  However, I would consider firearm training if I lived in certain cities.

• Like 1