Water delivery (non-potable).

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Gerald Glatt said:

But here they are not only the proctologist, they tell you when they shove up with their right hand and take the $$ with the left.  It's free you know just give us your $$$$ and we will return everything that you didn't use $, don't be silly you know al;l 60 year old men need an abortion.  We look out for your ass after all.

And why do we want to go to RP again?

Except for the BI I don't have any interaction with the government unless I want to (get a driver's license or something), how is the Philippine government messing with you?

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Gerald Glatt said:

But here they are not only the proctologist, they tell you when they shove up with their right hand and take the $$ with the left.  It's free you know just give us your $$$$ and we will return everything that you didn't use $, don't be silly you know al;l 60 year old men need an abortion.  We look out for your ass after all.

And why do we want to go to RP again?

A pat on the back to you Mr Glatt. Let us see where and how the new peoples elected government leads or "Takes" you/us in our perspective countries, early days but history repeats in all countries, Oz, UK, States or PH. I am just a plebeian but my choice is to be only that in the Philippines. A nobody causing no waves no different to Oz, 36 years in business here and never (touch wood) been audited by the ATO, IRS for my cousins. While this topic has wandered significantly, somewhat my doing, sorry. Back on topic, water supply always comes at a cost, Being delivered, accumulated and held/captured off possibly acid rain roofs, delivered mains pressure by the Barangay or from your own well or bore.

A Maserati or a push bike? Both come at a cost no different to eating chicken gizzards or prime beef. I only worry about my 2 or 3 showers a day, my partners 2 showers a day, watering the garden, washing the clothes, washing the car, dishwasher, flushing toilet etc. A product from nature that I will secure and am prepared to pay for and ensure reliability, costs? Who cares, water will always be cheaper than Jack Daniels or gas, the later we can live without. Just.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Its rare to see water trucks here and even more rare to see water trucks with home delivery.  (Any water trucks I have seen are for commercial use and you would have to strike up a private deal.)

What I have seen people do is hire a filipino with a multicab to make multiple trips to a place he can get free water and fill a truck load of those 5 gallon water jugs.  He may get 30 to 40 on his truck so thats 150 to 200 gallons.  That should be enough for a day's use and if it was me I would offer him 1000 pesos for 5 or 6 trips (depending how far he has to go for water) and that should fill a 1000 gallon tank.

Not cheap and you are going to have to buy the bottles but the alternatives would cost more.  What alternatives?  Well for that much water you could likely get a water delivery place to deliver potable water in those 5 gallon jugs.  If you are buying 30 jugs a day (150 gallons) they would deliver for about 10 pesos a jug (wholesale rate) and they would supply the jugs (because they don't have to leave them at your house, they just empty them into your tank,

A fellow in Biliran does this for his entire resort but because he uses so much water, he has his own multicab, his own bottles and his own staff and he sends them up into the mountains for clean, free, clear water.

I agree Dave. We have a multicab, and bought a small electric water pump to be able to siphon barrels of water purchased at local deep well owners up into our home water tanks if the need arises.  It's surprising how much rain can be collected from our gutters into a large rain barrel during a cloudburst too at night. After the rainstorm, my husband seals off the barrel top with plastic and a tight lid. It's a big help for watering pots here. We have a carport with a polycarbonate roof that my husband rigged up with a bamboo spout. After the rain, he directs this spout into buckets for watering too.

I'm glad Guy, that you've found a delivery source for your potable water. I haven't come across any of those here in our area, except I heard that a local restaurant got some water delivered to fill their small resort swimming pool once. Not sure from where.

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 6/7/2017 at 0:47 AM, AlwaysRt said:

Except for the BI I don't have any interaction with the government unless I want to (get a driver's license or something), how is the Philippine government messing with you?

Not, was said with a grain of salt about the US. In the Philippines you must help yourself, as we know, even you with your Drivers License must help your self with all the other qualified and trained RP drovers:crashh:

• Like 2