Armed civilian militia. Is this the answer?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, robert k said:

Jack, it wouldn't make criminals legal. It's already against the law to carry a gun in the commission of a crime.:thumbsup:

Maybe but it puts them on the Street Legally during the day where if an opportunity arose they could be used

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

We already know this. That is the purpose of the armed civilian militia. We know that the response time of law enforcement is never enough to prevent a crime. Armed civilian militia could theoretically prevent or stop a crime from occurring or being carried out resulting in more victims.

The only thing different so far from the way it has been wherever I have had a CCW is you are using the words 'armed civilian militia'. What are you adding to my current right to carry and defend life and property?

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

If it would help anyone who would freak out from having an armed populous, I would settle for a single shot pistol. Any caliber you want. If you really hate someone enough to use your ONE shot and be riddled by everyone else who is carrying their single shot pistol, I suppose not everything can be prevented but retribution could be swift. I don't think you would be attacking many groups. Having one shot would also encourage good marksmanship, you have one shot and wouldn't want to waste it. if you were a criminal with a weapon that had a large magazine, you would last until someone had time and took a careful bead....and probably shot you with a .500S&W or rifle caliber from their pistol.:thumbsup: Most of the mass shootings in the US happen in GUN FREE ZONES, because it wouldn't do for someone to stop you before you are finished.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Maybe but it puts them on the Street Legally during the day where if an opportunity arose they could be used

If you wanted a gun today, couldn't you get one? I am sure I could. If it were legal for us to own tomorrow it wouldn't increase opportunity to obtain one, just wouldn't have to do it discreetly. 

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Are you talking about an opportunity to commit a crime? Jack, criminals already have guns. Drug dealers certainly have guns because they deal in cash...with other criminals who can't really be trusted.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, AlwaysRt said:

If you wanted a gun today, couldn't you get one?

Probably but it is not in my nature and I would suspect in any other Brits mind to either. We were not brought up that way :mellow:

Guns don't kill people one there own, people with guns (Or any Weapon) kill people, So let's blame the real Culprit. PEOPLE

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
Just now, robert k said:

Most of the mass shootings in the US happen in GUN FREE ZONES, because it wouldn't do for someone to stop you before you are finished.

Exactly, never been a mass shooting at a gun show where EVERYONE has a gun... Criminals are opportunists, prey on the weak, and are usually quite cowardly.

Also, despite the media splashing US mass shootings all over the place, they aren't exactly an everyday occurrence. This shows 10 in the last 34 years, yes 10 too many, but not the 100s the media inplies all the time. http://timelines.latimes.com/deadliest-shooting-rampages/ 

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Probably but it is not in my nature and I would suspect in any other Brits mind to either. We were not brought up that way :mellow:

Guns don't kill people one there own, people with guns (Or any Weapon) kill people, So let's blame the real Culprit. PEOPLE

Yes I wasn't implying you wanted one, just that if you bumped your head and woke up a criminal mastermind, you could go get one in less than a day.

You hit a very popular saying with the pro gun side - Guns don't kill people, People kill people.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, robert k said:

Are you talking about an opportunity to commit a crime? Jack, criminals already have guns. Drug dealers certainly have guns because they deal in cash...with other criminals who can't really be trusted.

So there it is, a double life Baddy that can legally carry a gun

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

If you wanted a gun today, couldn't you get one? I am sure I could. If it were legal for us to own tomorrow it wouldn't increase opportunity to obtain one, just wouldn't have to do it discreetly. 

Because I'm in the US right now, I actually have one within reach because the neighbor lady had the vapors about a prowler. When I was in the Philippines it would have taken me minutes to get a firearm. I had a jail guard ask me if I wanted to hold/examine his pistol. I had someone want to sell me a revolver, had yet another person wanting to sell me a silenced KG9 9mm selective fire submachine gun with several full magazines. He complained that potential buyers were telling him there was something wrong with the barrel. I looked without touching and the opening at the end of the silencer was small, it was a brand new end wipe which knocks off a few decibels of noise until it wears out. Gah! Could I get a gun? Yeah. Would they have a substantial amount of ammunition with it? Not as likely. Ammo is expensive in the Philippines.

• Like 1