Japanese Navy Ships Docked in Subic

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

There were a couple of impressive Japanese Navy ships in port but I couldn't get any good pictures due to the location and the late afternoon sun.   There was also a USN support ship docked next to them, the kind I typically see here.

This one appeared to be a small aircraft carrier but no aircraft were visible.  It appeared to be very new and it is:

https://news.usni.org/2015/03/25/japan-commissions-largest-ship-since-world-war-ii

This one is a destroyer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JS_Sazanami_(DD-113)

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Isn't it fascinating how time heals all wounds.  Who would have thought, 70 years ago, that Japanese and American warships would be helping each other out in Subic Bay?

Wonder who we will be friends with 70 years from now? Muslims perhaps?

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Wonder who we will be friends with 70 years from now? Muslims perhaps?

:89: Yeah! we may all be Going to mosque together instead of meeting on the Boulevard :hystery:

You may laugh But...........:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Yeah! we may all be Going to mosque together instead of meeting on the Boulevard :hystery:

You may laugh But...........:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I think I prefer the boulevard being a Christian but maybe we wont have a choice.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, sonjack2847 said:

I think I prefer the boulevard being a Christian but maybe we wont have a choice.

:huh: That was my meaning young man  :hystery:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

We are going off topic . . . . . but dang it I cannot resist. . . . :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31: . . . if all the tourists keep handing out cash to the very aggressive Muslim beggars on the boulevard they will be wealthy enough to own it in 70 years, for sure.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

These ships being there go to show that past conflicts can and have been resolved and friendship is made.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

These ships being there go to show that past conflicts can and have been resolved and friendship is made.

"Least said quickest mended" My Mum used to say :smile:

• Like 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

How can you tell an extremist suicidal Muslim that they will not being going up to be with many virgins in heaven if you (yourself) believes in God?

How can a believer in God tell a Muslim that there is no heaven?

To me, it sounds almost impossible!

Moderator's Edit:  Post approved because it is a first post.  Welcome to the group.  We have set a bad example for you by going off-topic in this thread and we discourage this practice.  Members, please do not continue in this direction or the topic will have to be locked.  Thank you.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

In 70 years @ 140 I don't care who is in charge. Pass the ribs, get me a beer, and where are the women.

Have meet them in braille not seeing so well now.

What do you mean I've already married three.  Well what are their names I only remember 1 now and then. thought you guys were in charge and I could have as many as I wanted.

Yeah some one has to do the sin to remove the temptation.........I'm your guy.

NO No you keep those virgins...I am not James T. Kirk, and have no wish to go where no man has gone before.

• Like 2