Power pole/electrical distribution standards?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

No no no my friend, it was a comment about the Philippines in general, nothing at all to do with the company and certainly not your wife. I just think it is 'funny' that I live in Valencia proper and my address is 'Amor Street', no number or anything else even suggesting what end of the street. When ordering online etc I use my phone number as the street number so delivery can call for directions (like I wrote above) or PhilPost can text me to come pickup.

I apologize the way I wrote it you even considered there might be anything but gratitude for your assistance,

I am not offended at all, It is my wife who would take offence as she most certainly did before, if things get of hand, Jokes are jokes but she and many others there take their job seriously, but do get offended when they read or hear the Foreigner Crap coming out when none seem to have the balls to go tell them to their Faces, Just expel their stupidity on Social media, Not even the company Page, where it will be Read I quite understand about addresses but that is the Philippines, believe me our Neighbours know more about us than we will ever know, so we can't Hide for Long :smile: Anyway I digress but have said what I need/want to, I will talk to Philip the Engineer and see what can be Done, It may well already be on the Programme, if it is he will know, I will answer again as and when I know something :thumbsup: more Concrete :mocking:

Jack,:smile:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I am not offended at all, It is my wife who would take offence as she most certainly did before, if things get of hand, Jokes are jokes but she and many others there take their job seriously, but do get offended when they read or hear the Foreigner Crap coming out when none seem to have the balls to go tell them to their Faces, Just expel their stupidity on Social media, Not even the company Page, where it will be Read I quite understand about addresses but that is the Philippines, believe me our Neighbours know more about us than we will ever know, so we can't Hide for Long :smile: Anyway I digress but have said what I need/want to, I will talk to Philip the Engineer and see what can be Done, It may well already be on the Programme, if it is he will know, I will answer again as and when I know something :thumbsup: more Concrete :mocking:

Jack,:smile:

Morning All:photo-109:

I thank you and your wife. I am also very aware of the type of comments you are referring to and hope you 'know me' well enough I don't talk or think like that. That is why I asked if these poles were considered an issue here. Comparing and/or expecting things to be the same as they are in the States is ignorant, this is not the States. Each part of the economy has limited resources and I/we have no idea what those limits are, what the problems are, and therefore what the priorities are for a particular sector. 

An electric company related example. It is unheard of in the States for high power lines to be overgrown to the point of failure, if trees etc are close a phone call will get a response in a maximum of a few days. HOWEVER, complaining about that situation here and calling the company names is really just showing expat ignorance and arrogance regarding the difference in property and right-of-way laws. Give the same expat who 'knows how to get things done' the position in the company responsible for the lines and he will inevitably end up saying 'oh, we can't... what about... no, that won't work either, hmmmm' to which we could say 'come on genius, I thought you knew how to get things done???? That's right, didn't know wtf you were talking about did you?'

Whenever I am out of the US I try very hard to remember that fact and try to learn (and ask questions like this thread) what the expectations are locally. I usually avoid comparisons all together except for prices I see as way out of line (like real estate) or as conveying information about the differences (hey babe I took a video of an American grocery store, check it out - showing her what I am used to, NOT showing her what it 'should be' here) Well even though I condensed this it is way too long so I will stop.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I thank you and your wife. I am also very aware of the type of comments you are referring to and hope you 'know me' well enough I don't talk or think like that. That is why I asked if these poles were considered an issue here. Comparing and/or expecting things to be the same as they are in the States is ignorant, this is not the States. Each part of the economy has limited resources and I/we have no idea what those limits are, what the problems are, and therefore what the priorities are for a particular sector. 

** "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." --Dale Carnegie **

We can but Hope :smile:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I do know a thing or two about motivation.  It comes in a form of a case of cold San Magoo and some pulutans (finger food).  

Just saying.........

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A lot of the poles here are leaning over because some people will not allow stabling cables to be fitted on their land.I know of 2 instances where Noreco went out of their way to help people and it was not even for the electricity.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Maybe since it is true I do enjoy sarcasm, it is assumed by some I am being sarcastic on this thread? I assure everyone I am not (except with the addresses in the Philippines comment which has nothing to do with electrical companies or employees. Has to make it damn hard to find a reported problem though - but still not caused or controlled by utility companies). 

In the US those poles would be replaced in days, if not same day. I realize this is not the US and there is a real possibility that resources for the utility are such that, unless a pole is falling over, causing damage within hours, there are just too many other items with a higher priority to attend to. Thus my question was for me to learn and in no way criticism.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

Maybe since it is true I do enjoy sarcasm, it is assumed by some I am being sarcastic on this thread?

Scratching Head.jpg OH point them out matey and I will go get Em  ( I Think Steve, you may just be overreacting a Teeny weeny bit :mellow:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Scratching Head.jpg OH point them out matey and I will go get Em  ( I Think Steve, you may just be overreacting a Teeny weeny bit :mellow:

I guess I got a little paranoid reading comments after your concern about the possibility of the thread taking off in a direction others have. I am not a forum moderator but as OP I would shoot that sh1t in the foot pretty quick myself as that is not what I made this thread for. Maybe I need a :56da64a8e0a60_13_4_101: LOL

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

.....there are just too many other items with a higher priority to attend to. Thus my question was for me to learn and in no way criticism.

Just like the continuous road work, other utility infrastructures are in constant repair due to natural calamities, poor workmanship, lack of money or time -- all the above, take your pick.  

We understand and appreciate your comments.  

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jake said:

Just like the continuous road work, other utility infrastructures are in constant repair due to natural calamities, poor workmanship, lack of money or time -- all the above, take your pick.  

We understand and appreciate your comments.  

Road work........when I left Toledo Oh. the same piece of I 275 was being repaved for the third time in four years.  Onk, Onk. Everyone believes orange barrels are the state flower.  Now here in Florida the power line between xfmrs has shaged 15 feet and is crossing the tv cable.  3 years of calls and they do look and say it's scheduled every April.  All is well as long as it works and doesn't harm anyone. We seem to have too much money, superior workmanship too much time between calamities, and an overall I could care less attitude.  but if your lawn goes unmowed for 3 weeks then they care, they will mow for you and send a most unreasonable bill.  

• Like 3