Overcharging in bars shops restaurants.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yep.  I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to beers per hour.  I can drink a dozen over a period of 12 hours but I can't do 6 in 4 hours or I stagger home and fall asleep.  Its a complication of type 2 diabetes, plus age, that the body takes a long time to process each beer :7500:

Doesn't stop me but it slows me down.

Don't know why, just always had the impression you were a 5 or 6 beer drinker. Especially at a once a month or so occasion.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

In the UK that would be the order of the Day

Thinking back to my drinking days in Canada, over a decade ago.  The idea of running a tab was losing ground and people were expected to either pay as you go or someone had to put up a credit card as security to ensure there bill would be paid.  I am not sure if they still do that in blue collar type pubs but I know from my last visit that they don't worry about it in high end establishments.  But its all computerized there now so not much in the way of mistakes being made.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

But its all computerized there now so not much in the way of mistakes being made.

I agree YET one of the Places you mention here in Dumaguete IS computerized. "Flip Flops"

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I agree YET one of the Places you mention here in Dumaguete IS computerized. "Flip Flops"

Too bad the 'computer' doesn't know the difference between Canadian Dave and American Dave :hystery:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Too bad the 'computer' doesn't know the difference between Canadian Dave and American Dave :hystery:

Seems that the barmaids don`t either.

• Like 3

canadamale
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

Canadian Dave and American Dave :hystery:

I have heard all Daves look alike

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Don't know why, just always had the impression you were a 5 or 6 beer drinker. Especially at a once a month or so occasion.

:whistling::smile::popcorn:

Yep.........

Jake
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Once a month?  Then I would be a one beer type of guy -- cheap and easy during my PMS cycle.....he, he.  

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jake said:

Once a month?  Then I would be a one beer type of guy -- cheap and easy during my PMS cycle.....he, he.  

Heck even I had 3, probably the only beer I have had in 2017 so far. At 1/2 the price of a Coke I doubt they are going to be the last LOL

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

At 1/2 the price of a Coke

Many places put the beer on "Happy Hour" special which can last for an hour or for 9 am to 5 pm.  I think the reason we go in the afternoons is the beer is half price so don't be surprised if you go to the same place for supper and get charged double for your beer.

• Like 1