Internet Service - What are the acceptable options?

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

I use Globes Wifi works great no problems so far I have had it for 3 years just up graded so it is faster I live in Kalibo Aklan my cost is 1000 peso a month

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/13/2017 at 9:12 AM, jpbago said:

In both internet and electric, there is no preventative maintenance. After it breaks, then they fix it. No planning ahead, always working to catch up.

I disagree about preventative maintenance on electric supply. This example is Cebu but I'm sure the same goes on in other areas. 

veco.jpg

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
On 8/12/2017 at 4:09 AM, mogo51 said:

Se went to Ludeco this morning to inquire.  Gave us a form and the list of 'requirements'.  I asked about getting what I will pay for so far as speed is concerned.  The woman is saying consistently 15-18mbps.  If I do get that I will be happy.  50mgbps is 2500 pesos. 

If the modem and your adapter support dual band frequency, connect to the 5 GHz connection. It's faster and less congested. I get much faster speeds on 5GHz than 2.4. I'm pretty sure my Globe modems were dual band, not positive.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, MikeB said:

If the modem and your adapter support dual band frequency, connect to the 5 GHz connection. It's faster and less congested. I get much faster speeds on 5GHz than 2.4. I'm pretty sure my Globe modems were dual band, not positive.

Thanks Mike,

I will see what happens on Monday when they come to install,  Anything would be better than what I am using now. Pocket wifi 3mps download, 2mps upload, I might as well use bloody smoke signals.  Then they have the hide to send  me an email saying I had 'very high usage' two days ago and that they are reducing my speed under 'fair go policy'  One would think they should be the first to engage in fair go practice and give speeds that you pay for and that actually connect.  I have to have up to 4 goes to get connected most of the time with these bunch of armed hold merchants masquerading as internet providers.

This is the worst internet I have ever experienced in any country bar none - it is disgusting.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

This is the worst internet I have ever experienced in any country bar none - it is disgusting.

This is one of the death by a thousand cuts that make most people begin to rethink things after about 5 years. 

Edited by MikeB
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you've downloaded version 1 of AutoIPA previously, then you should download this updated version (v2.5); the version you have isn't quite as robust as it should be.:huh:

I've incorporated the following changes:

1. When the program starts, it checks to see if your DNS settings have been configured correctly.
  2. Version 1 used just one website to tell it your PC's external IP Address; this was not the best idea. Now the program randomly selects a website from a list of 15 each time it needs to execute the query.
  3. The "About" screen  now gives full details of the DNS Servers and identifies your Internet Service Provider and provides geolocation information.
  4. There are now around 50 display "skins" to choose from.
  5. Added new checking intervals of 10, 15, 30 and 60 minutes.
  6. There are buttons on the Caption Bar: the left hand one opens the main menu whilst the right hand one pauses (or un-pauses) the program's operation.
  7. If you click the mouse on the message line ("Re-check in ..."), the program immediately checks the IP Address, it does not wait until the countdown reaches 0.

Simply download  AutoIPA.zip, unzip and run!

Edited by Markham
  • Like 1