Comments on Spinal Issues

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2017 at 7:14 AM, mogo51 said:

A hot shower first thing of a morning as soon as I get out of bed is a must.  It gets me moving as I cramp up during the night due to my spinal issues.  A hot shower just seems to help me loosen up.

Off Topic... I know several people in the USA who in recent years have had stem cell treatment for spinal issues where the stem cells are obtained from their own bone marrow, processed, then injected back into the damaged spinal areas. Both individuals have reported to me that this treatment has helped to reduce their spinal problems and related pain. As I recall one the treatment costs about $5000 USD but I expect the cost would be much less in SEA.

Moderator's Edit:  No longer "off topic" :thumbsup:  Its worth a topic of its own for anyone with spinal issues. So I moved some posts around.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, earthdome said:

Off Topic... I know several people in the USA who in recent years have had stem cell treatment for spinal issues where the stem cells are obtained from their own bone marrow, processed, then injected back into the damaged spinal areas. Both individuals have reported to me that this treatment has helped to reduce their spinal problems and related pain. As I recall one the treatment costs about $5000 USD but I expect the cost would be much less in SEA.

Thanks Earthdome, yes I have seen something on that also.  But after 4 operations, I have just come to the conclusion that I have what I have, until I check out.  My main problems now are spinal stenosis (shrinking of the spinal canal) and arthritis/degeneration.

But it is indeed amazing what they can do these days.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Thanks Earthdome, yes I have seen something on that also.  But after 4 operations, I have just come to the conclusion that I have what I have, until I check out.  My main problems now are spinal stenosis (shrinking of the spinal canal) and arthritis/degeneration.

But it is indeed amazing what they can do these days.

Getting little of topic how ever feel free PM if ever you decide have another opinion, I know a highly regarded sincere ortho in Cebu specializing in spinal surgery.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, RBM said:

Getting little of topic how ever feel free PM if ever you decide have another opinion, I know a highly regarded sincere ortho in Cebu specializing in spinal surgery.

I will, thank you.  I was supposed to have another operation for the stenosis relief several years ago in Australia, but I was just fed up with it.  The pain has been increasing of late though.

I exercise and swim every day to try and keep mobile.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

My issue is nerve damage, they would have to figure out how to repair dead neves and un-confuse the nerves that are there constantly telling my back muscles to tighten to keep my spine straight, which then constantly pulls it out of whack. Not the typical 'blown disk' etc people typically deal with.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

My spine is almost perfect. Spine nice and straight, still have thick disc's between the vertebrae, except for the disc between my tail bone and bottom vertebrae. There isn't much left of that one which now results in nerve pain, ache's in my right hip and lower leg sometimes. But I had some physical therapy and changed my shoes and for now can walk much further without any pain. So at this point no need for more extreme measures.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My spine is fine most of the time.  Gets a little weak when I have to tell some girl to hit the road. 

spineless.jpg

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

My spine is fine most of the time.  Gets a little weak when I have to tell some girl to hit the road. 

spineless.jpg

Back to Margaritaville :shades:

• Like 1