So, what are your sports interests, games and/or hobbies?

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

Sailing, SCUBA,shooting, skiing, snorkeling: and anything else you can think of that starts with "s".

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

What kind of cell phone is it?  Not a Smart phone, I hope. 

Nice pics by the way. 

A Moto G 2nd generation, it's about 2 years old now , Emma has a iPhone 6 that takes amazing photos.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, robert k said:

Ed, as far as I know you won't get a great camera on a dumb phone. You can get a what I would call a fairly decent camera on on a $300 USD new phone. Not professional quality, will not take great low light or night pictures but does a good job in daylight. I just ordered a new phone to replace my old one because the new one has better battery life and a better camera, Xiaomi Mi Max2 for $269. Older phones that had "flagship" cameras at the time can be fairly cheap. I had a Huawei Honor2 and while the camera was just 8MP it was a good one with Backside Illumination with a staged dual tone flash and old stock of those can be had for $100 from Amazon. Battery life isn't great with data [low grade 3G] turned on but if you are using it as a dumb phone with data turned off would be decent. GF got hold of that one and I never got it back. Point being a good 8MP camera is better than a mediocre 13MP-16MP. I like a phone with a decent camera because it's generally the camera you have at hand when you want one. Like the fantastic quality pictures of the guys car after he rear ended me and the video of him climbing in and out of the window of the car 5 times while claiming he had hurt his back  :89:

Don't know any dumb phones .

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Dumb, generally denotes not having a higher speed internet connection, or 2G only. Even the "dumbest" phone these days has a large assortment of functions, unfortunately most of them don't include a decent camera as one of those functions.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, not so old china hand said:

Sailing, SCUBA,shooting, skiing, snorkeling: and anything else you can think of that starts with "s".

There ya go again.....what's with you English guys?  I tried googling your mysterious British "S" but don't have the foggiest idea.   

Care to elaborate Terry?  By the way, I love sailing too!  Been through the Panama Canal, Suez Canal and the Birth Canal.....he, haw.  

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Jake said:

By the way, I love sailing too!  Been through the Panama Canal, Suez Canal and the Birth Canal.....he, haw.  

:hystery: 

jpbago
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, mogo51 said:

So just read your post again, is this a gaming channel, as opposed to what I watch, the actual racing channel in Australia?

It is an online betting website that I use, HPI. I can bet on the Aussie races but cannot watch them but I can bet and watch all of the others. It is OK now as I use mainly Hong Kong. Very well organized.

• Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Jake said:

I tried googling your mysterious British "S" but don't have the foggiest idea.   

Care to elaborate Terry?

Well let's see... There's skittles, which go very well with beer. Ditto for shove-halfpenny. Solo, which you can't play alone, also Scrabble. Then there's scrambling and scrumping. Some might add sword-dancing, square-dancing and singing in the choir.

And now I'm skating on thin ice ;-0 

• Like 3

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, stevewool said:

My dumb phone just woke me with a spam text in Chinese, it's 4 am here. My dumb fault for leaving it switched on. :bonk:

• Like 3

Mr-T
Posted
Posted

With me i love almost all type of physical sports. As a child and young teen i played cricket. I also did a lot of swimming and at one time even competed in a two mile ocean swimming race. I did a lot of free diving and spear fishing. Took up cycling in 1964 and competed in the British empire commonwealth games in 1966. Rode the ten mile track race and the 120 miles road race. Fell and broke my wrist in the road race. I continued to race bikes up until i reached age 70. Now i only ride for fitness and pleasure. I like to watch basket ball, boxing, track and field, horse racing, soccer and just about anything physical. Living here in the province i can ride more safely on the road, not as crowded like the city.

Consider myself fortunate to be able to do the things i love to do. 

• Like 5