New visa requirements, Permanent Residence in Australia,

jpbago
Posted
Posted

One of our nieces married an Aussie in Manila last November and she has been to Cairns twice since then on a tourist visa. She is there now and is trying to bring her 11 year old son next time.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Off topic gents, but will help me out. We will be traveling to the land of OZ soon. Going under Yank passports from here in Manila. Are any prior arraignments needed? Or just get a tourist visa at the airport?

thanks

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Clermont said:

How has the new visa Requirements, for permanent residency in Australia, effected expats of their own country concerning, moving to PI or taking their loved one home ?

In my opinion as an uneducated Aussie and having gone through the process with my better half, (now a permanent resident in Oz) the only thing that has changed to bring your SO to OZ are the fees, more than doubled, permanent residency comes after temporary residency, due process and that is there for all the good reasons. 4 to 5 years, depends on how diligent you were with your paperwork/migration agent. (BTW, how excellent they are if you get a good one, 3 to 4 years).

So Clermont, are you moving to the Philippines with your SO or are you bringing your partner to Oz for keeps? What are your wishes? 

Ownership? Is that relating to "I have a good reason to return to the Philippines? Employment, I have a letter from my boss stating that my job is secure and I will return after annual leave (leave Australia). I have 10 million Pesos in the bank and I am not a risk, I have 7 children I need to care for and I will return. I have 3 properties in PH and I'm not going to leave my income. At the end of the day there are many good migration agents who will steer you in the direction, slap you when you bugger up and steer you through the mine field of immigration.

There are many posts on this site and others with regards to moving to PH and or bringing your SO to your home country, research and google (my best friend).

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that Big pearl, but the amount you quoted puts you as secure tourist. The changes from 309 visa to 100 visa has increased from 5 months to 11 to 22 months after 24 months temporary residence on the 309 visa. 

5 hours ago, scott h said:

Off topic gents, but will help me out. We will be traveling to the land of OZ soon. Going under Yank passports from here in Manila. Are any prior arraignments needed? Or just get a tourist visa at the airport?

thanks

We use Down Under agent based in Manilla, run by an Australian, and have had no trouble as to date. We are coming to live in the PI as soon as my wife's PR is granted, (legal reasons why it's like that). Like you I have a substantial amount of money but only transferring some over there, the rest stays here, eggs not in one basket. We will live on an income of excess 100 k Peso per month. Why I have told you personal details is as a sponsor for the tourist visa even that doesn't satisfy the immigration requirements, no criminal history any ware, tourist game fully employed, but no assets and single. Cheers.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, scott h said:

Are any prior arraignments needed?

YES.  Even Canadians have to get an online visa before boarding the plane to OZ.  Its a silly thing and you can do it online cheap but don't forget it or you won't get on the plane. 

https://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAS3/etas

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Scott H, I am sure you have to apply for a tourist visa, like I've mentioned before, some countries have freedom of entry some countries no, check with embassy in Manila or get on Australian embassy website, not Google. 

robert k
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, scott h said:

thanks

From a quick look online you need a visa as AMCITS visiting Australia but you can get the visa online.

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Clermont said:

Thanks for that Big pearl, but the amount you quoted puts you as secure tourist. The changes from 309 visa to 100 visa has increased from 5 months to 11 to 22 months after 24 months temporary residence on the 309 visa. 

We use Down Under agent based in Manilla, run by an Australian, and have had no trouble as to date. We are coming to live in the PI as soon as my wife's PR is granted, (legal reasons why it's like that). Like you I have a substantial amount of money but only transferring some over there, the rest stays here, eggs not in one basket. We will live on an income of excess 100 k Peso per month. Why I have told you personal details is as a sponsor for the tourist visa even that doesn't satisfy the immigration requirements, no criminal history any ware, tourist game fully employed, but no assets and single. Cheers.

We also used Jeff, you are in the right hands, they know their stuff. We consulted them 4 years ago while living in Manila,,,,, getting our 12 month de facto time together.

From start to finish, permanent residency in Oz took about 3 years , when we applied for partnership visa we also applied for 12 month multi entry tourist visa, a month after the docs were received by immi the tourist visa was granted. It took 11 months to get the temporary residence (this 11 months counts towards the first 2 year period) visa through and Bengie then had to go back to Manila for the rest of the paper work etc, took about 3 weeks then back to Oz. 13 or 14 months later immi contacted us and we applied for permanent, we were slack and took about 3 months before we submitted required docs. 11 months later residency was granted.

Mountains of paper work and hoops to jump  through but worth the effort. 

Has Jeff given you a start to finish time frame for the whole procedure? Good luck and hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Cheers, Steve

mogo51
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Clermont said:

New requirements, Permanent Residence in Australia, takes 11 to 22 months now, up from 5 months after 2 years on 309/100 visa. Citizen ship from 2 to 4 years, no dual citizen citizenship  allowed. Also trying to get federal police check clearance on all sponsors. Extreme venting plus a hefty increase in visa fees. Tourist visas very hard to get for relations to visit if young and no material  ownership. 

As Jack points out, this is not Philippine specific but rather a strengthening of citizenship laws in general.  I see no problems with it and has a good bit to do with trying to control the Muslim 'insurgency' in Australia.  Whilst it is not to the level as Murawi for example, it has potential none the less.

It may take a little longer to get your partner to Australia, but it is just the way it is.  This movement is world wide and increasing.

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yes Steve, in February 2015 my wife came over on a 309 partner visa, married in April. Papers were lodged in February 2015 in Manila and this meant we had to wait 2 years before lodging her PR forms, plenty of paperwork in that too, mostly the same as we lodged at the beginning of the process. The PR process was to take 5 months (quoted on paperwork on her visa ) from lodgement of PR to granting or not, now according to her IMMI account the process will take 11 to 22 months to process. In April our Prime minister changed 457 visa application to block a path for working migrants from gaining PR status then citizenship, this has also had detrimental affect on all visa applicants. Jeff advised me during the week about the tourist visa, I believe that you can only sponsor once in five years and get two tourist visa's on your first application, that I believe has changed too. The world and Visa's change to rapidly for an old hand like me. Thanks for your patience as I'm an old bushy, words are not my forte. Cheers