New visa requirements, Permanent Residence in Australia,

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

In the case I am talking about she had nothing. Not even a job but seems a good agency was able to get her visa approved. 

Or the agency knew what numbers to input and what info to give when filling out the application.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah, it all comes down to numbers in the rite place and if they don't add up, you can get hit with a five year visa ban, better to be honest and use a reputable agent, immigration knows the honest agents.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Yeah, it all comes down to numbers in the rite place and if they don't add up, you can get hit with a five year visa ban, better to be honest and use a reputable agent, immigration knows the honest agents.

I watch "Border Security: Australia" sometimes. A quite strict entry country.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, jpbago said:

A quite strict entry country.

Or a country that has studied history, watched world events, and is planning for the future 100 years from now, not just as far as the next election or to keep soft hearted liberals happy and quiet

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Seams funny the immigration code now looking back at how Australia was settled. 

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

What are the requirements and 'difficulty level' of my Filipina wife and I vacationing in Australia? I assume simple on arrival for me on my US passport? but what about my wife on her Philippine passport?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I assume simple on arrival for me on my US passport?

They won't even let you on the plane without an e-visa

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Sorry, I can't answer that, but get a good immigration lawyer for advice, most migration lawyers are free for advice in the Philippines. Be careful of people who are knowledgeable people or fixers, you'll need a migration lawyer to lodge it,it's all changed of late. We have used Down Under, based in Manila, he's an Aussie and only handles Aussie visas. I hope this helps and let me know how you go, I'm sure it won't be to much trouble and enjoy Australia.😎

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Have a look at this link those that want to know about Australian Visas, there is a part in VISA Finder section that will cover a Filipino Spouse But our Dave is right, at Minimum, an E-Visa is necessary 

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

OK, so simple e-visa for me. what about my wife? Nearly impossible like getting her a visitor visa to the US or reasonable expectation of success? Can someone going through the process share their experience? Reading the rules, especially about visas, rarely conveys how the process actually proceeds.

• Like 1