Philippine bound

RBM
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Ron, Hope you have a smooth flight and just as smooth transition as you get settled into your new place.  Relax, observe, and practice patience.
Good luck

Yes just to emphasize a BIG BUCKET OF PATIENCE.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ron, talk to Dave "H" about a bike he can I feel also help you with the Paperwork. :thumbsup:

Perhaps I could offer advice.  Buy new!  They will handle the paperwork and you are not buying someone else's problems.  I think Jack may have been referring to one I had for sale but it sold quickly, and for the price I needed, so I have a car now and the money from the motorcycle is paying for the car to be painted so I will have a "nice" car.  (Rainy season is coming).

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think Jack may have been referring to one I had for sale but it sold quickly, and for the price I needed,

Yes I was  referring to that bike as you had not mentioned at all that you had sold it so I was just Bumping things for you.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Ron, I don't intend to ride a motorcycle much so I'm considering going somewhat native in that respect. I think I will settle for or/cr, notarized bill of sale and affidavit and just keep it registered in the original owners name. New 600,000 php car may be worth all the hoops but not the sari store runner. In my case an e-bike with a cow bell may even make sense. No registration at all.

• Like 1

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Safe trip Ron, happy travels, safe landing and hope for a quick adjustment and settling in period for you both.

Enjoy............

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, robert k said:

No registration at all.

:hystery: Robert me ole mate, They will find something to charge you for :shades: 

mogo51
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Do you have a type of bike or price range in mind? By paperwork are you thinking previously owned vs new?

Yes late model, low kms, auto. Honda click, Yamaha Mio, hopefully fuel injected, around 50k P.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, scott h said:

:wow:Welcome to the land of smiles (sincere and otherwise :hystery:)

Thanks Scott.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Yes just to emphasize a BIG BUCKET OF PATIENCE.

Thanks gents.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

Curious as to where in PI you are headed And why you chose that location.  Asking As we are not far behind you ...about 6 months, and plan to likely start in Dumaguet.   Safe travels and best of luck!

Bauang La Union, just out of  San Fernando. Good expat community, good medical and all we need ie. Malls, hodpital etc. Nice beaches nearby, great fresh markets, lots of fresh veges from Baguio area. 5 hrs from Manila by bus, so ok.

• Like 3