My Wife wants to Drive the car!

robert k
Posted
Posted

I learned MY LESSON, hire someone else to do it in their car, it's far cheaper. The other benefits are also appreciated.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: She has a License but never driven a car, So can I teach her? No in a short answer Why? mainly because she and many others I know ( Wives that is) cannot just follow simple Instructions on things, It is not like riding your Bike I say, So I now do (In readiness for the Pours later when I cave in) Do what I did in the UK when I trained for an Advanced Drivers Course. I give a Running Commentary on what is happening. Now before it was what I was doing and why, now it is what the others are doing and what they are doing wrong. So as we go by I say did you get that, NO I was looking at this and that but Honey, you must concentrate on what I am doing, WHY? you are Driving. YES dear but I am trying to get you into thinking ahead based on what is happening around you. I was, I was waving at So and So confused-man.png WTF do we do here fellow members?

Drink Pils Jack - plenty of it!

I remember trying to teach So to ride m/cycle, nearly broke my back when she over reved it. That was the last lesson.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, scott h said:

want to End the marriage?   teach her

want to stay together?? hire someone

:thumbsup:

Sound advice Scott.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

My SO had one P6k lesson in Cebu and after  knew more than myself.

First Drive in our 2 year old Spin with her good driving mate resulted in less than a meter. Our concrete post jumped out and crumpled the right side guard and rim.

No more, it's over. Now it's a tricycle.

This is my thoughts also RBM.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There is a driving school in Dumaguete that is pretty good.  They use their own Wigo to teach on so she is not going to crash your car while learning.  The 2 filipinas I know of who went through it came out as passable drivers.  Good enough that I would ride with them but of course it is easy to learn how to make the car move and it takes many years to learn how to drive.  They will not understand the distinction until they get to that point.  Best of luck.

DO you have the details? Cost, length of class, contact info... It might be in my future.

Edited by AlwaysRt
oh, and what about a good motorcycle school?
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

DO you have the details? Cost, length of class, contact info... It might be in my future.

I would have to ask some people I would rather not talk to to get the details. BUT if you were absolutely sure you wanted to do it and not just "kicking the idea around" I could find out that information for you.  I'm sure its searchable.  There is only one driving school that I am aware of that has a Wigo that they use to teach with.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I would have to ask some people I would rather not talk to to get the details. BUT if you were absolutely sure you wanted to do it and not just "kicking the idea around" I could find out that information for you.  I'm sure its searchable.  There is only one driving school that I am aware of that has a Wigo that they use to teach with.

Got ya, my wife knows of one she talks about but I think it is here in Valencia. The one you mentioned caught my eye as you gave it better than a 'complete waste of time' review.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

The one you mentioned caught my eye as you gave it better than a 'complete waste of time' review.

Do you remember the guy I asked about getting you some help with your electrical problems and his 'cryptic" replies?  Did you ever find the place?  He is one of the fellows who enrolled his wife in the driving school I speak of.  I will likely be chatting with him this week and see if he's in a good mood to give me the answers you seek. :thumbsup:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Do you remember the guy I asked about getting you some help with your electrical problems and his 'cryptic" replies?  Did you ever find the place?  He is one of the fellows who enrolled his wife in the driving school I speak of.  I will likely be chatting with him this week and see if he's in a good mood to give me the answers you seek. :thumbsup:

Yup I remember and nope not yet. I am either too early and head back to Valencia before most places are open or haven't had the oomph to make the trip into town lately. Think he may come Thursday? Is that a good or bad thing? LOL

While my wife has been hired/accepted as a caregiver by an agency, she doesn't graduate until the 21st. She wants to learn how to drive a car but I have no plans on buying one so not in a hurry. Would be more practical (for me) to find her motorcycle driving lessons. She can ride now but as far as I am concerned she is relying way too much on luck and way too little on skill/knowlege.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

she is relying way too much on luck and way too little on skill/knowlege.

As they Do!