Posted

:Caught:

WE WILL ALL  BE KILLED

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Onemore52
Posted
Posted

My partner was driving home and did a left hand turn into another road, thinking that she had plenty of time with a car coming the other way, well it turned out she didn't have time and the mini bus ploughed into the passengers side, but here is the killer (excuse the pun) the mini bus kept on going, didn't stop to see if she was alright, nothing.

Luckily there is a CCTV camera at the intersection and a family member being a policeman downloaded the footage and got a description of the mini bus and where it operated from and to etc.

This family member policeman spread the word what had happened and put it on the bush telegraph, and low and behold the mini bus was sighted at a smash repair place getting a paint job to the front end, so the police apprehended the driver and his wife and took them to the police station where I was invited by police to attend the interview.

The reason they gave for not stopping was they thought my partner was going to shoot them for running into her, and the reason that they didn't slow down before the collision was that the brakes on the mini bus were SLOW to work, I kid you not.

The policeman asked my what my idea of the repair would cost and with two doors to replace, painting etc would cost about 75k, so in front of the police people the mini bus driver agreed to pay this amount, which to date they have.

Another family member is a panel beater and spay painter so he did the repair for a lot less, the remaining money being spent on the destruction of my liver by different beers, I have discovered the San Miguel MALT beer in the green can, good drop.

The outcome of this tale is that since then I have slowed down on the road and have gone to another level of defensive driving and no longer drive after consuming alcohol, even if it is just one beer.

Once again "Driving in the Philippines"

Be careful out there everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Hmm thinking 1