10 Best sights in Philippines

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Id like to add Camotes Islands near Cebu. Very laid back and minimal ammount of tourists.

• Like 5

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have found that each time I travel somewhere over here it looks better than where I have just come from.

Not if your going to Manila 😂😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, stevewool said:

Lots of great places for me to visit too, thank you all.

Mayon volcano is another must for me.

Plan well ahead if you want to see the Mayon Volcano. The summit is pretty much covered with cloud most of the year. March to May is the months you have the best chance to see the summit.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Nickleback99 said:

It's been said above Kuya John, but for sure El Nido is spectacular, primarily Away from El Nido town.  Still, it seemed much more quaint And Unspoiled (Uncrowded and Clean) when we went in May '09 than our 2nd trip back in April '17.  Now it's much more crowded And still growing of course and certainly not the hidden jewel it was back then....Nothing that good and beautiful stays a "secret" for long, and like many things in PI risks being ruined.  In '09, we swam in the bay which was Clean and decent then, but you could not have paid us to swim in what is now all gray water with gas/oil on top,  and I was worried to even walk in out to our tour boat.  Add to that, the wonderful aroma of poo along several streets in town now with semi covered sewer trenches.  The outer islands were still fantastic, but were all crowded this trip on the same tour as last time.  The Setting however, is still beautiful.          

One place I would like to go back to with just my Asawa for a romantic getaway next year is Ayala's very nice resort just outside of El Nido town, called "Lio".   We visited the place this trip and it looked very nice and "self contained" and private.  https://coconuts.co/manila/news/sneak-peek-heres-ayala-lands-seda-lio-el-nido-palawan/

El Nido bay.jpg

El Nido boat.jpg

El Nido Islands.jpg

El Nido used to be one of my favourite spots but as you've highlighted it's getting busier. Wait for the next two years as the Lio resorts have taken over El Nido airport and is looking at a massive resort with condos etc just North of the Airport.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Plan well ahead if you want to see the Mayon Volcano. The summit is pretty much covered with cloud most of the year. March to May is the months you have the best chance to see the summit.

We were there in July a couple of years ago and if you are up very early the volcano is clear, then the clouds form about 6-7ish

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

Not if your going to Manila 😂😂

Ah well you got me there.Ok Maybe I should have said nearly all the places.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

Manila

Manila is a great sight, from the plane as I'm leaving it.  Cebu is a great sight, in my rear-view mirror as I'm driving home.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

The best road in Manila, is the one out of town.

• Like 3

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

El Nido used to be one of my favourite spots but as you've highlighted it's getting busier. Wait for the next two years as the Lio resorts have taken over El Nido airport and is looking at a massive resort with condos etc just North of the Airport.

Yep, but hey, they still call it "eco friendly" ...all because the three story limit keeps it from towering above the coconut trees?  :89:    Yeah we saw all that development and have some relatives who own land there where you noted north and  that is skyrocketing in value; Good for them as they have worked their butts off the past 15+ yrs in El Nido down running a small Inn and such.  We still haven't been to Coron; so, I'm looking forward to that next yr as well.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 7/11/2017 at 8:13 AM, Jack Peterson said:

The best view for me is from the Aircraft Window as we leave Manila, but seriously, I have fallen in love with Siquijor Island, 1 hour from Dumaguete and probably the same from Cebu. 

Jack:smile:

Morning All :morning1:

Siquijor Island is the place to go for witchcraft. Did you see anything about that in your visits? Any white ladies?