Using the Fastcraft between islands

mogo51
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have just been informed that all people using any fastcraft after 15th July will require ID.Something to remember if you want to travel between islands on one.I don`t know about children and I would have thought a lot of younger ones don`t have any.I also did not hear the reason for it.Maybe it is to combat terrorism.

I would think you are right Kev.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Terrorism has a large impact on the lives of 'normal' citizens, one only has to look at what we are put through (often) at airports.

It is a sad downside to our daily lives when so few have such an impact on the masses.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

We could have run around naked and no one would have seen us.

Did you ? :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Did you ? :whistling:

No, I'm  a very modest guy. Humble too. 

:cornflakes:

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

When the Dona Paz sank, the worst peacetime shipping disaster, besides the actual loss of life a further three thousand families claimed to have lost their breadwinner...

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2017 at 0:57 AM, sonjack2847 said:

I have just been informed that all people using any fastcraft after 15th July will require ID.Something to remember if you want to travel between islands on one.I don`t know about children and I would have thought a lot of younger ones don`t have any.I also did not hear the reason for it.Maybe it is to combat terrorism.

I wouldn't bother to check the ID of children, I usually presume they are terrorists in training. The 2-3 year old ones especially.:whistling:

Edited by robert k
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
On 7/11/2017 at 1:57 PM, sonjack2847 said:

We just took a trip to Boracay and had to show ID for the banka boat ferry - 6th trip in 5 years and the first time we had to show ID.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 7/13/2017 at 5:04 PM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

We just took a trip to Boracay and had to show ID for the banka boat ferry - 6th trip in 5 years and the first time we had to show 

We just took a trip to Boracay and had to show ID for the banka boat ferry - 6th trip in 5 years and the first time we had to show ID.

I have just come back from Iloilo. I took the fastcraft from Bacolod and did the return trip and was not asked for ID.So maybe it  is maybe it isn`t rue that you need ID.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I took the fastcraft from Bacolod and did the return trip and was not asked for ID.

I went from Sibulan to Liloan Port last week and they have a sign that everyone is required to show ID but they were not asking for it.  Business as usual.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I went from Sibulan to Liloan Port last week and they have a sign that everyone is required to show ID but they were not asking for it.  Business as usual.

Yep as per usual.