Living your dream

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

im hoping to sell my house and move to the Philipines in January ,i dont drink alcohol in any form ,so im hoping that the price of cola drops

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

im hoping to sell my house and move to the Philipines in January ,i dont drink alcohol in any form ,so im hoping that the price of cola drops

It's generally under 30 pesos (not including deposit) per glass liter coke bottle, cold at the sari stores I patronize. Any cola in a plastic bottle is likely to be more expensive than that. Some eateries sell coke by the 1L glass bottles for 30 peso or under and provide cups, no deposit needed if you drink it there.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:10 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sometimes it seems like we are on here day in and day out.  I feel like that sometimes.  

Thing is for me, the Closer I get to retiring very soon and Being There, the more I find myself checking and reading on here multiple times per day, as well as checking other seemingly less active sites. ...All because it fuels the dream and keeps it going until the dream soon becomes reality.   I also enjoy the wit and humor that's on display here daily.   All Good Stuff!

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, bastonjock said:

'Normal' eateries, single serve soda is p12. Two liter plastic bottle at the grocery store was p54 last time I bought one.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 7/13/2017 at 2:53 PM, Gratefuled said:

Yes, I said that and  was kinda stretching it to include malls as worthwhile. 

Then what?

Get a life.Stop blaming everybody else for your own made misfortunes.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

'Normal' eateries, single serve soda is p12.

And it comes in a FREE sandwich baggie :hystery:  WITH straw

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 7/13/2017 at 2:51 PM, bigpearl said:

One or 3 too many JD's probably, I definitely went on and on, soz. Steve, totally agree with what you say and that's why we are all here, I too ask many questions especially on living costs in Ph, done so on expat sites for many years, perhaps I am at the stage where I have asked and learned, lived on and off for two years plus a dozen trips or more and pretty much know the cost of things there, what to expect for our bucks.

I wrote my projected costs some time ago either here or another site and came up with AU $3,500.00 +, some PHP 125,000 per month, but that was to live how we want and is very affordable for us but if we had to could cut back easily but hey that's our budget and comfortable. Our budget was derived from on the ground experience lots of input from well versed people on this and other sites. As said at the end of the day we wanted our particular lifestyle and those were the costs, in saying this I am sure we will spend more because we can. Every body is different and yes you are right I see how locals (our families there) live and the money they live on,,,,,,,lessons there to be learnt by me. My input wasn't negative at all and maybe I should have ended with OMO. Enjoy.

Cheers, Steve.

That is the very point Steve, it all  depends on the life style we all want.

We live in Pattaya very comfortably on 45k bht month ($14k US) close enough.  That fits our budget, but it also give us th type of life we are happy with.  That is the main point of the whole exercise.

• Like 5

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, mogo51 said:

month ($14k US)

Don't see how you can scrape by on only USD$14,000 every month, you must grow your own food... LOL

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Carlos Joshia C. Ubaldo
Posted
Posted
On 7/13/2017 at 10:07 AM, sonjack2847 said:

So nothing worthwhile to spend your money on here?

I enjoyed Intramuros

The fort in Cebu and museum

The Shrine in Cebu

Tagaytay

Pearl Farm Resort in Samal Island

Mall of Asia

Maybe Palawan someday.

Definitely Coron and El Nido Palawan!
Boracay
Puerto Galera
Davao City (probably the safest and most peaceful place in PH)