living with a separated filipina woman - possible problems with ex

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, peterfe said:

Of course there’s always a risk that someone he knows might happen to be living in the same place we choose to live in and recognise my girlfriend, but I think the chances of that happening are almost non-existent, if we’re in a completely different part of the country. Any advice or experiences from people in a similar situation?

There was a true documentary type video showing what happened when a foreigner met a separated woman and then got her pregnant. When the ex found out life was hell, running, jail for both at one time, chase with gun shots fired and eventually escaping to another country on a false passport. I wish I could remember the name of the video as it was very interesting.

Anyway not trying to frighten you but I think you will most likely be OK in a different part of the country but remember that its still adultery punishable by jail. 

https://jlp-law.com/blog/a-brief-discussion-on-infidelity-concubinage-adultery-and-bigamy/

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, frozenmystic28 said:

And that l think is the story made into a video that l mentioned in my post 

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

The legal separation certificate means going to court to get one, big hassle. This does not automatically mean she can separate from her husband if he disagrees, the court decides the outcome and like one follower said it is a criminal offence adultery. Have you tried talking to him in a public place, like a lawyers office and having some big bodied relations of hers handy at the time, he might be interested in a years supply of Jolly Bee seeing bribery is illegal: to agree to the separation certificate. Pay back in the Philippines can be permanent in some areas. This is not meant to scare you, but to tell you the pitfalls, good luck.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I shall share a story.

There was this Canadian guy who wanted to have an affair with a married woman.  He was thoroughly warned by anyone that he mentioned it to that this was tantamount to signing his death warrant because, even though her husband had a mistress and did not want her, her husband was still her husband and had let it be know that he would kill anyone who even flirted with her.

Due to the husband's position as part of the governor's security force, this was not something to be taken lightly.  But our hard headed (both heads) Canadian guy and the very lustful lady would meet in pitch black areas where she would sneak into the back seat of his car and go to secret spots where no one could see them to fulfill their passion.

Lust and love are both foolish emotions that get people into huge amounts of trouble.  The Canadian guy got lucky (pun intended) and did not get shot or beat up.  Whether the opening poster gets so lucky will depend largely on the ladies legal husband.  If that husband is in a position to "lose face" if people know "his wife" is with another man then things can get ugly.  But the Canadian guy did not listen either so maybe the opening poster will also get lucky.

• Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Don't forget, their all cousins, some many times removed and not all from the same province. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, mogo51 said:

More information on this Kev?

All I know is what other people have said and it seems although there is no divorce you can get a legal separation,As I wrote something to be looked into.If he does this he only has her ex to worry about.A lawyer should know.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

All I know is what other people have said and it seems although there is no divorce you can get a legal separation,As I wrote something to be looked into.If he does this he only has her ex to worry about.A lawyer should know.

Thanks Kev.