davewe

Philippines Bound #2

6 hours ago, davewe said:

There will be plenty of opportunities to feel pessimistic in the future and probably a few people to encourage me along those lines

One good woman with a positive attitude can balance the few people encouraging you to be pessimistic.  Such is my experience.  (I just realized there are members here who claim to have a great wife and yet their outlook is still pessimistic.) So even when you drop the rose colored glasses, as you will from time to time, just pick them up and dust them off and put them back on.  It really is more fun in Philppines.

Enjoy your journey.

• Like 10

Took your time didn`t you.

• Like 2

Wishing you both a safe trip to Dumaguete and an easy transition to life in Phils.  Moving is always a PIA, but it is just about behind us.

I thought of getting similar type accommodation, but as we had already seen the 'resort' where we will be staying, I knew it was what I needed at least in the short term.  

Sit back like us and enjoy the ride.

• Like 5

Best wishes for your travel here and new adventures in Dumaguete Dave. :smile:

• Like 1

welcome back.jpg

• Like 1

Best wishes for your move to new life

• Like 1

As you may know DaveWe, there are plenty of talented Filipinos that you can jam with.  Perhaps be a member of a band, you singing with a Filipino accent while the Filipinos are belting a song with an American accent.  

Bon Voyage!  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Took your time didn`t you.

Yeah, I'm a bit slower in my old age! Look forward to seeing you, Jack, Dave, etc. soon!

• Like 2

good luck with your move buddy , im hoping that my house will be sold shortly ,its been one hell of a time trying to unwrap the ex wife and get the house sold ,i first hit on the idea of moving out to the Philipines about 3.5 years ago ,im crossing my fingers that the sale will go through ,i plan on arriving in cebu next January ,first grandchild due in December ,then im planning to retire early in the phills

• Like 2