How do you spend your time in retirement?

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I'm looking forward to travelling around both the Philippines and south east Asia when we retire. We did Rome and Venise 3years ago for my 60th. We have travelled California extensively with a cousin who lives in Sacramento. This Sept we land in Seatle and leave from New York 3 weeks later.

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Sometimes Steve!

Part our last trip across Europe we took in Venice, I think you and Emm's will love it.

hope this is allowed.......graphic photos.....  Our trip to Europe August 2016 | Flickr

Beautiful pictures John, and just like mine we are not on them, it seems as we are the ones taking them, except 1

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Sometimes Steve!

Part our last trip across Europe we took in Venice, I think you and Emm's will love it.

hope this is allowed.......graphic photos.....  Our trip to Europe August 2016 | Flickr

Beautiful pictures!  I've been to a few of those places and seeing them again makes me miss living in Germany!  I'm hoping we can do a Europe trip in 2020.

You took a picture of my Corvette!  :smile:  Almost.  I think that one you saw was a Z06 and mine was a 2007 standard model.  I sold it to a guy in Berlin area when I came home.  Great on the autobahn!  More fond memories of over 300kph!  Here are the pics from when I sold it.

https://goo.gl/photos/qYZ4rXmz9WHVHwQR6

• Like 5

bows00
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Balisidar said:

What do you all so it foresee yourself doing or are doing in the Philippines so you have the best quality of life possible?

I am set to retire at the end of this year and have been pondering this question for the past five years.  I will be set financially, and this could be a curse for me.  A life of total leisure would be a recipe for an early grave with boredom and drinking setting in.  On the positive side, i could pursue my number one priority - HEALTH.  Currently, my work schedule makes it difficult to do my daily exercise.  But when retired, i can "eat that frog", first thing in the morning and enjoy the post exercise benefits throughout the rest of the day.  Unfortunately, my daily exercise routine, which consists of running, weight lifting and swimming, only takes up at most, 1 hour of my day.  

As of now, I am contemplating taking business classes, but I am not sure I will fit in with the Filipino college students there.  

This is a tough question... Be a part time bartender?  Seek the filipino culinary arts? Learn Tagalog? Make some babies?  still working on it...

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Maybe i am lucky showing Emma the places that people are talking about and being able to afford to do it too

Yes, you both are very lucky. Very fond memories to look back on later in life. 

• Like 4

Balisidar
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, bows00 said:

This is a tough question... Be a part time bartender?  Seek the filipino culinary arts? Learn Tagalog? Make some babies?  still working on it...

Health is a good part of my plan as well (golf, swimming etc.)

Planning becomes easier when you list down the things you really enjoy doing and also the activities or hobbies or whatever that you've always wanted to do but never had time or whatever for.  Taking care of another child will surely take up a lot of your time. :thumbsup:

If your that into workouts and health, maybe start some classes where your planning on living?  Be a personal trainer?  Skies the limit my friend.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

I am set to  Make some babies?  still working on it...

Wow that can be exhausting, the equivalent of a 3 mile run. :thumbsup:

However by the time they are 4 years old, running after them might be a strain!

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, bows00 said:

Going to school and/or working (including volunteering) are not allowed on a Tourist Visa. Student Visa, Work Visa, 10a Spouse Visa, SRRV are some other options to look into.  (explained in detail in the Visa category)

• Like 3