It's been a while, probably more appropriate than There's-a-chance!

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

....adding to the tag list virginprune, Jake, chris49, Paul B, earthdome and Jollygoodfellow.

Just a few lines to say thank you for ironing out the concerns that I held prior to my visit to the P I's. Your contributions were valueable. 

My G/f Amie travelled on ahead of me and I arrived in Santiago City on the 24th of December after an horrendous detour through China. I had a splendid Christmas and met Amies family for the first time, all nice kind people. My son and his G/f travelled down from Manila for the hols and the four of us returned to Manila for the New Year celebrations. 

A strange thing happened at MNL departures, Amie and me both had to complete a questionaire. One completed an Immigration Officer told me that I must return to the P I's within 3 months with Amie or I would never be able to enter the P I's again. I guess a measure to prevent sex trafficing! (Has that happened to others on this forum, or is it I look a bit dodgey?)

So then back to Cyprus for a while and together again to the I O's at MNL three months later for a further screening. I obviously answered the questions correctly. I was told by an I O that I could come and go to the PI's when ever I wish.  On the second visit we took in the weekend of the Manila Rugby 10's it's the best 10's tournament ever, we had a fantastic time. 

At present living here in Cyprus suits us both at present but we will retire to somewhere around Santiago City in a couple of years.

Thanks one and all again for your pointers and help. 

• Like 2

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Hi There's a Chance

It's a pleasure to be of any use. How was Santiago City for you? I have a small restaurant there (no name as don't want to advertise on here) and also a Frappacino Concession in the Robinson's Mall. I like the city as have a bit of everything. My house is around 25 minutes from the city near Aglipay.

Let me know if you need any help in settling into the area.

Paul

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Happy to help out. Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, There's-a-chance. said:

A strange thing happened at MNL departures, Amie and me both had to complete a questionaire. One completed an Immigration Officer told me that I must return to the P I's within 3 months with Amie or I would never be able to enter the P I's again

Happened to me when I left with a much younger girl.  But when that same younger girl left with a guy who was the same age there was no such questionnaire.  May I assume there is a large age gap between you and Amie?  If so then there is your answer.  If not then its just a case of "This is Philippines, your experience will differ from everyone else's."

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Happened to me when I left with a much younger girl.  But when that same younger girl left with a guy who was the same age there was no such questionnaire.  May I assume there is a large age gap between you and Amie?  If so then there is your answer.  If not then its just a case of "This is Philippines, your experience will differ from everyone else's."

When my wife and I left she did not have her new passport yet and there was no mention of this. Then again we went through the Philippine resident line together. Did you go through together instead of her though Resident and you through Visitor?

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Then again we went through the Philippine resident line together.

The guards at the gate said she must go through as a Philippine resident and I must go through as a foreigner (different line)  They later called me back to the secure area to sign those documents the opening post mentioned.  We were not married.  Neither was she married to the younger fellow who later took her out of the country.  My conclusion was "age discrimination" based on a comment the official made about "Oh you're going with one of those Grandpas"  which was totally out of line but the statement was relayed to me from the girl in question who said that is why they wanted me to sign those forms.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The guards at the gate said she must go through as a Philippine resident and I must go through as a foreigner (different line)  They later called me back to the secure area to sign those documents the opening post mentioned.  We were not married.  Neither was she married to the younger fellow who later took her out of the country.  My conclusion was "age discrimination" based on a comment the official made about "Oh you're going with one of those Grandpas"  which was totally out of line but the statement was relayed to me from the girl in question who said that is why they wanted me to sign those forms.

Would it be recommended to stay apart when in view of immigration to avoid this? Or is it not a particularly big deal, a minor inconvenience to not give a damn about? I haven't had to deal with it but seems like always a good idea to avoid paperwork when possible.

• Like 3

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted
On 7/16/2017 at 4:59 PM, PaulB said:

Hi There's a Chance

It's a pleasure to be of any use. How was Santiago City for you? I have a small restaurant there (no name as don't want to advertise on here) and also a Frappacino Concession in the Robinson's Mall. I like the city as have a bit of everything. My house is around 25 minutes from the city near Aglipay.

Let me know if you need any help in settling into the area.

Paul

PaulB hello,
I liked Santiago City, very busy, noisey but good shopping and a couple of nice places to eat. We had some fast food in that Mall which was okay and tasty but small portions and did a bit of Christmas shopping too, all good value.  I think like you I would choose to live away from the hustle and bustle. I did think of you when we travelled through Aglipay, I wanted to see the coast south of you but the road was under construction so we gave it a miss. Me and Amie are coming back again in March, so I'll keep you tuned up for a get together. 
Thanks for your offer of help.

Kind Regards,   

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Would it be recommended to stay apart when in view of immigration to avoid this?

No. A filipina, especially a younger filipina, will not be allowed to leave the country alone unless she has the proper paperwork for working OFW. BI need to establish 2 things before they allow her to leave. First that she will not be a victim of human trafficing and two that she has the resources for the visit to the other country and will not be illegally immigrating to another country.

• Like 4

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted
On 7/16/2017 at 10:43 PM, earthdome said:

Happy to help out. Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit.

I really did enjoyed it, bless your kind heart, you and the other guys here saved me from chasing my arse around in the P I's, instead I did it in the comfort of my sitting room, stress free.

• Like 3