It's been a while, probably more appropriate than There's-a-chance!

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Once your married to a PI you can stay for twelve months without an extension on your visa, as long as you take your marriage certificate with you. Don't worry about the comments from immigration officials some of them are only new to the job, the older ones and the women will go out of their way to help you. The President got rid of their last boss and the new boss has got rid of most of the sh-- tourists complained about. Treat your better half well and the PI will invite you with open arms, I've seen what happens to blokes that abuse their better half, so has my wife. Enjoy and smile at them, they are the looser, your the winner.

• Like 2

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted
On 7/17/2017 at 4:24 AM, AlwaysRt said:

When my wife and I left she did not have her new passport yet and there was no mention of this. Then again we went through the Philippine resident line together. Did you go through together instead of her though Resident and you through Visitor?

On 7/17/2017 at 3:13 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

May I assume there is a large age gap between you and Amie?  If so then there is your answer.  If not then its just a case of "This is Philippines, your experience will differ from everyone else's."

No there's too much of an age gap, she just scrubs up well and looks very young compared to my haggard appearance. In truth I think this policy implemented by the IO's is very worth while even though it may cause mild embarrassment to a man departing the PI's with a single Philippina, not to mention the extra cost of return journey three months later. In my case I was content to do so!

On 7/17/2017 at 3:13 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Happened to me when I left with a much younger girl.  But when that same younger girl left with a guy who was the same age there was no such questionnaire.  May I assume there is a large age gap between you and Amie?  If so then there is your answer.  If not then its just a case of "This is Philippines, your experience will differ from everyone else's."

• Like 2

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Clermont said:

Treat your better half well and the PI will invite you with open arms, I've seen what happens to blokes that abuse their better half, so has my wife. Enjoy and smile at them, they are the looser, your the winner.

I guess that happens in many cultures Clermont, in my case the thought of it could not be further from my mind, besides .........she has 4 big brothers who love her dearly:thumbsup:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 7/17/2017 at 9:09 PM, AlwaysRt said:

Would it be recommended to stay apart when in view of immigration to avoid this?

Yes, as Earthdome mentioned the emigration department were not letting "Y" get through the secure area until she called me on my cell phone and asked me to come sign those papers.   I think they wanted to take a look at me and make sure this was legit.  Good thing I don't look like a lecherous old pervert or they probably wouldn't have let her go :nudie:

• Like 3