What are some pros and cons about living in and/or away from the city?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, i am bob said:

Ok, now you've got me wondering...  7 km to an SM...  Puts you either towards Toril or going up the coast towards Tagum...  4 lanes?  Toril...  Cock pit?  Tagum...  So confusing!!!  

:89::mocking:

Aye Up! our Bobs learned to read a map now:hystery:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Aye Up! our Bobs learned to read a map now:hystery:

Jack, you were a navigator, right?  Who do you think kept the computers on your nav set working properly?  If you guys would only stop spilling your coffee, you wouldn't need to read a map, just follow the little arrows we put on your displays...  

:morning1::whistling::mocking: (just couldn't resist.. hehe!)

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, i am bob said:

Ok, now you've got me wondering...  7 km to an SM...  Puts you either towards Toril or going up the coast towards Tagum...  4 lanes?  Toril...  Cock pit?  Tagum...  So confusing!!!  

:89::mocking:

Towards Toril is the correct answer for P500 and a bottle of Joy Dishwashing Liquid! "You've got your hands in Joy!" :bonk:

I'm not sure how big the pit is, I've not been over that way yet. I think it's small. The tricycles and pickups line up along our little dirt road, though.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, i am bob said:

...an SM coming soon, a Felcris...

Where is the SM going in? And where in the blazes is the Felcris at?! I've been to the other one over by the...wherever it is, but didn't know there was one up there.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Where is the SM going in? And where in the blazes is the Felcris at?! I've been to the other one over by the...wherever it is, but didn't know there was one up there.

The Felcris is a little dingy one...  On the McArthur highway just before St Peters college...  Look for the Mang Inisal on the outer corner...  As for the SM, all I know is the south end of the city (by the Gaisano Grand Mall?) and construction doesn't start until next year with the opening in 2020...

Oh, yeah...  Chow King is closed for renovations...  The day I was first going there..  lol!

• Like 1

oldutot
Posted
Posted

When I decide to settle there, I can live the best of both worlds, city or the sticks 

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I prefer living with a bit more elbow room and fresh (ok, fresher) air of the province but close enough to a city that conveniences are available when I want them. No longer a big fan of driving, that means within 30 minutes of shopping, airport, restos, etc. Specifically at the moment that means living in Bacong or Valencia and driving to Duma.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I lived in Cebu city for 11 months.I enjoyed my time there but it was too far to a beach so we moved>We lived in Dalaguete for 4 years and in the end I did not like it too boring.I had to go 60 km to a decent supermarket.Any paperwork we wanted we had to go to Cebu city or Dumaguete,both a long journey.We moved just up the road from JP in Dumaguete and I like it here.The area is quiet and the people very friendly.I can get all the food stuffs I need most of the time or if they don`t have stock they usually do in a couple of days.As per Jack I can get to the city  in 10 minutes or Hypermart in about 3 minutes.I see people I don`t know/have not met before everyday something which didn`t happen in Dalaguete.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I lived in Cebu city for 11 months.I enjoyed my time there but it was too far to a beach so we moved>We lived in Dalaguete for 4 years and in the end I did not like it too boring.I had to go 60 km to a decent supermarket.Any paperwork we wanted we had to go to Cebu city or Dumaguete,both a long journey.We moved just up the road from JP in Dumaguete and I like it here.The area is quiet and the people very friendly.I can get all the food stuffs I need most of the time or if they don`t have stock they usually do in a couple of days.As per Jack I can get to the city  in 10 minutes or Hypermart in about 3 minutes.I see people I don`t know/have not met before everyday something which didn`t happen in Dalaguete.

A bit further up the coast around Amlam is nice as well.