My budget has been blown up.

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I keep a monthly acct of what we spend we have what i call the "Fixed payments "

Which is Water 382.75 pesos for 2 homes,Electric 1993 pesos for 2 homes ,Phone/Internet 1565 pesos for 3 homes ,Cable TV 700 pesos for 2 homes. 

Our shopping which includes eating out was 35000 pesos for 3 

• Sad 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Budget is a tough discussion because we haven't all already agreed on terms. I have 3 cars in the US. If I sold them or gave them away and bought one in the Philippines that wouldn't be part of my monthly budget, but my moving budget unless I was buying it on credit and making payments. I would consider the car purchase as part of my moving expense along with purchasing appliances furniture, housewares and getting the utilities turned on. 

If you don't show up with money to set yourself up, you are going to need more per month in the budget, probably a lot more if you aren't couch surfing at someone's house. If you don't show up with set up money, maybe a furnished condo is for you. I'm just not cut out for condo living. 

Once set for appliances and furniture, housewares and vehicle/s,

the maintenance and/or replacement of the foregoing becomes part of the monthly budget. Rent, food, fuel, utilities including phone/internet/cable water and electric, clothing, entertainment, medical and never to be forgotten, visa. What this costs will vary from individual to individual. 

Elective is R/T airfare home every 1-2-3 years. If I hop a plane back to the US it's going to be a business expense and not part of the monthly budget but I can understand where it would be part of the budget for some.

• Like 2