Gary D
Posted
Posted

Or this

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

My wife has trouble with the English accent so she doesn't get most of On the Buses, Black Adder, Monty Python, or Roly Polys. She liked Mr Bean (no speaking). We turn on the subtitles sometimes to make it easier.

• Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

She might like this one too, but its more British type humor

Darn! So busy laughing I missed my bus into town. :SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Part of the issue may be, especially with those from the province, they are used to eating what is available when it is available. We enter the picture and they face something new, no shortages of available food and the need to learn the phrase 'no thanks, I have had enough'. (something even I forget to say all too often after being raised to 'clean my plate')

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Part of the issue may be, especially with those from the province, they are used to eating what is available when it is available. 

Without having a ref, they are used to eating all that is cooked or it sits on the table until tomorrow.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Without having a ref, they are used to eating all that is cooked or it sits on the table until tomorrow.

I'm in two minds as to the real reason for this.

It's either because they have a waste not want not philosophy (my belief) or they feel the need to eat when it's available. I'm not so sure about the latter - the same behaviour can be seen even when it's patently obvious this isn't going to be their last meal and they know plenty more is coming.

I do agree there are too many larger kids around - but is it any different to the case in Western countries? I really don't know as I'm out of that loop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I do agree there are too many larger kids around - but is it any different to the case in Western countries? I really don't know as I'm out of that loop.

The PI seems to be advocating fat kids as seen in commercials whereas the Western countries are trying to put a stop to over eating calorie wise by making restos list the calorie count in their menu and on items in the supermarket, even with apps. Some places have banned the jumbo drinks. Filipinos do not seem to be aware of what they are eating health wise, like pig fat and chicken bums on a stick. Our market has about 10 fried chicken stalls in a row.

Edited by jpbago

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Some years ago I was amazed at the eating habits of many, Having been here for many years I was astounded at a Trip my Wife's Boss took us on, It was Fiesta times in the Northern end of Dumaguete area, we Started at about 7 pm in Sibulan Proper and Ate, we went on to San Pedro at about 7.40 pm and Ate then at about 8.50 we ended up in Judyville in Subulan for 2 more Visits, At about 10.30 or so The Boss said hey Jack how are you liking our Fiesta time. Great I said but when do we Stop eating? :hystery: But Jack, a Fiesta is about Eating.

When we have parties here, my wife always makes more than enough for tomorrows guests that could not make the Night before. Her saying is it is Free food, Of course we know that there is no "Free Lunch" because it is only free to the Eaters of the Day. Someone has to Pay for it. We don't let it happen anymore but years ago we used to have Callers at mealtimes & YEP! she would feed them. Food is a Big Thing to all Filipinos and they can certainly Pack it away. :shades:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Filipinos do not seem to be aware of what they are eating health wise,

I quite agree and have you noticed that EXERCISE seem to be a Forgotten Word here now with all this Technology, YES! nimble fingers and quick Minds are OK but what about the rest Of the Body? OH! My daughter (18) is the same, You know I caught her not long ago texting the maid to bring a Sandwich and Juice to her Room, TEXT her:571c66d400c8c_1(103): What are we Breeding here? Scratching Head.jpg

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I quite agree and have you noticed that EXERCISE seem to be a Forgotten Word

There are some that do a slow jog early in the morning, like around 5 AM. I was not aware of this but sometimes when we go thru Bacolod for an early flight, there are some slow joggers on the streets. Our girl is doing intern now and one shift is 6 AM to 2 PM so I see people out walking for exercise when we take her to the bus stop at 4:30 or 5 AM. I used to go to the river with the dog at 8 AM and wondered why there was nobody out at that time but only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the heat.

• Like 2