We are being invaded (Fictitious scenario But!)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:huh: G & G's this is Fictitious but what if?

I live on a Dirt Barangay Road with a large number of Inhabitants and quite a few House and a Subdivision that adjoins the Road not far from my House, Now I have ( as far as I can) taken all the Security measures I could have and kept a fairly low key presence ( in my case that is not really so) I am the Only Foreigner in my immediate area and thus well known. BUT What if these insurgents we hear and read about Decide that they will Start the Invasion of Dumaguete from up River and not from the Sea. Getting to a fairly navigable part of the River would not be that Hard from an Area that they had Massed.

So I am sat on my Terrace and hear long Blasts on whistles and some gunshots into the Air (at first I would imagine) these people have come down from the Mountains and gathered at a point that they can use Boats, rafts whatever to get to the Top end of the Barangay (Where the river is pretty  Good for a landing and make an assault on the Area So after the whistles comes men or women maybe Armed and telling People, out of the house and March them down to a Clearing some 50 metres away from my House. So it Starts. an Invasion on Dumaguete from a Totally unforeseen  or unthinkable way  and only 15/20 mins walk from the City Proper.

What on Earth would we (I) Do?

Yes it is Hypothetical and Fictitious  BUT It could Happen EH?

Food for thought?  :89:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'd think it would start with improvised explosive devices rather than a full on invasion. They would lose too many bodies. That saying if it did happen I'd probably tune into the tv and thank the lucky stars I live in Oriental Mindoro :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is along the same lines as some expats were talking about at a weekly breakfast club I attend.

The talk was about the silent and government encouraged "invasion" of Muslims from militant Mindanao areas taking refuge in Dumaguete and the surrounding Negros Oriental area.  There are some expats who are alarmed at this area becoming Muslim dominated and are already making plans to leave if problems arise.  There are others who have recently moved to Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia to "beat the rush".  Others are making plans to go back to the USA or similar.

The uneasiness is tangible in these conversations and it spreads like a disease.  Until now, the influx of Muslims into Dumaguete had not bothered me except that the beggars in the street and on the boulevard have increased in numbers and I hear that they are mainly Muslims now, whereas it used to be Badjao who were the main mendicants).  We shall see what happens. 

EDIT: for those unfamiliar with Dumaguete, it is an area of Philippines that has a very high population of Protestant faith residents and the main University, Silliman, is considered a Protestant University because:

Silliman University was founded on August 28, 1901 as Silliman Institute by Protestant missionaries under the Board of Foreign Missions of the Presbyterian Church in the United States.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Now you know how i feel living here in Derbyshire, ok there is no gun fire or explosions , YET, but lots of Muslims.

Can i say that without being called a racist .

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Now you know how i feel living here in Derbyshire, ok there is no gun fire or explosions , YET, but lots of Muslims.

Can i say that without being called a racist .

:hystery: 

jpbago
Posted
Posted

This happened just last Friday and it was not fiction:

Six policemen and a civilian were killed in an ambush staged by suspected New People’s Army (NPA) rebels in Guihulngan City, Negros Oriental Friday morning.
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/bacolod/local-news/2017/07/24/6-cops-civilian-killed-guihulngan-city-ambush-554152

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/bacolod/local-news/2017/07/26/guv-human-rights-advocates-probe-killings-cops-555055

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Six policemen and a civilian were killed in an ambush staged by suspected New People’s Army (NPA) rebels in Guihulngan City, Negros Oriental Friday morning.

That is not that far from Us, not sure how far maybe 140 km but things are getting Closer and closer

• Like 2

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

maybe 140 km but things are getting Closer and closer

i do love the more Southern islands as much more scenic than the north by far, both landscape and ermmm....

But am now glad we will settle and home will be North Luzon..........still have some nice landscape, scenery and beaches and does feel somewhat more relaxed, laid back and slower, oh and cheaper.

Stay safe Jack and all others down south.

As people always say it pays to try and keep a low profile.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Steve GCC said:

slower, oh and cheaper.

On this, I would question on the Majority of things Steve. ie; If our traffic and Pedestrians were any Slower they would stop, Rents and House Build are Far Higher up there as is Electrics and Water just to mention a few, Each to our own as we say but Many here I would think would agree or Luzon would have far more Expats than there already are.   Some of the Reasons Negros is favoured for  Retirement  :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

15 minutes ago, Steve GCC said:

Stay safe Jack and all others down south.

As people always say it pays to try and keep a low profile.

Thank you.jpg For your thoughts Steve. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

There are more people of the Islamic faith here in Marbel now. Mosque building is on the rise, for the past couple of weeks I can hear the final call to prayer that I haven't heard here before. 

So far little else has changed but I am more aware to possibilities.