We are being invaded (Fictitious scenario But!)

jpbago
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Others are making plans to go back to the USA or similar

That would be us. We got our tickets out of here last Monday. That ambush by 60 NPA killing 6 PNP and 2 drivers was even closer than I had posted as it was 13 km west of Guihulngan.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Changed Link. Story is accurate but this forum prefers direct links to the news source.

Ah OK My bad  Sorry I inserted the wrong Link, here is the UK Embassy link;

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/philippines

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

**“This threat extends throughout the Philippines, both on land and at sea, but is particularly acute in the southern Philippines (Mindanao, Palawan and Central Visayas, including Siquijor and Dumaguete).**

Oh this is great news, and so timely... I am going down to Dumaguete Saturday - to catch the ferry to Siquijor for a couple days. Be back Monday, I hope LOL

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

catch the ferry to Siquijor for a couple days. Be back Monday, I hope LOL

You will be Fine mate just beware the WAK, WAK's:hystery: have a nice Break I love it there :shades:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

Oh this is great news, and so timely... I am going down to Dumaguete Saturday - to catch the ferry to Siquijor for a couple days. Be back Monday, I hope LOL

Ask the white ladies about what the future will be.

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I think the PI is as safe as anywhere in the world nearly 500 less terrorists to worry about now. If you have any doubt, and feel there is a life and death situation, take the Aussie disaster prone position, ( squat, then put your head between your knees and if your going to die, kiss your bum goodbye.) there's nothing else you can do if caught up in a bad situation.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Ask the white ladies about what the future will be.

Que Sera Sera  Whatever will be will be Que Sera Sera :whistling:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Que Sera Sera  Whatever will be will be Que Sera Sera :whistling:

I am not actually worried at all, that's why I added the LOL at the end of my comment...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, AlwaysRt said:

I am not actually worried at all, that's why I added the LOL at the end of my comment...

Yes I am sure that is how we would all feel but on a serious note, we should all be vigilant especially in Areas we do not know much about,

Many did not heed warnings and look what happened in BOHOL. it can happen just like that EH? Enjoy and stay safe my Friend :thumbsup:

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes I am sure that is how we would all feel but on a serious note, we should all be vigilant especially in Areas we do not know much about,

Many did not heed warnings and look what happened in BOHOL. it can happen just like that EH? Enjoy and stay safe my Friend :thumbsup:

With a mix of streetwise and good ole Marine Corps training I can't help but to be vigilant 24/7 (always maintain situational awareness). You might have noticed when we meet my head is constantly on a swivel, not always checking out the local artwork (but not missing it either). :thumbsup:

• Like 3