Foreign national shot dead in Naval, Biliran

soupeod
Posted
Posted (edited)

NAVAL, Biliran – A foreign national was shot dead in downtown Naval early morning today, Wednesday, July 26.
The victim was identified as Simon Rawlinson from New Zealand, 63 years old, and is presently residing at Barangay Bato in Maripipi, Biliran.
According to witnesses, the foreign national was shot by a riding-in-tandem at the adjacent corner of Goldilocks.
Based on initial information, the foreign national who was from Maripipi was shot at around 6:00 o’clock in the morning.
SOCO in Biliran already conducted preliminary investigation at the scene of the crime while police authorities in Naval and the provincial police office are now conducting an investigation on the identity of the perpetrators and the motorcycle they used.
Police authorities used the two CCTVs installed in the area to aid in their investigation.
VIDEO
Naval Mayor Gerard Roger M. Espina issued a statement that he is putting a bounty worth P80,000 on who can give vital information that will lead to the capture of these gunmen who murdered the New Zealander Simon Rawlinson this morning. -BiliranIsland.com

http://biliranisland.com/blogs/2017/07/26/foreign-national-shot-dead-in-downtown-naval/

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed image

soupeod
Posted
Posted

RIP

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Wow.  That's the third one in a year in Biliran and I know quite a few expats who are scurrying to get out of their.  One of the richest expats living there is rumored to have left his multi-million peso resort to relatives to run and left the area.

Not sure what's going on there.  It has never been the safest of areas but this has become ridiculous.

As you say, may he R.I.P

And may someone in authority get this solved, and quickly before I lose any more friends living there.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, soupeod said:

RIP

You seem to be familiar with Biliran Island and yet your residence says Washington State.  Is your name Rod?  Just wondering if you are someone I know.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Beware of the tandem riders wearing bonnets.

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

Wow, saw the video.  Never saw it coming.  Talk about needing head on a swivel!  Good grief!...walking along minding his business, then boom!.  Main thing I want to know is the "Why?" or motive.   As many have said before on many sites as well, when you are still worth a decent amount of $$$ dead, much less if worth More dead, then other assorted "other" family members whom you refuse to support that do nothing to help themselves can sometimes be convinced they can put enough pressure on the Filipino spouse to then share more $ and help support them.  Just wonder what back story is on this one.........

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Nickleback99 said:

Just wonder what back story is on this one.......

There is an update on this and I am looking for the News Feed but it transpires he took on the Authorities and pissed the wrong people Off

When I can find the story I will post it. It was over Land and this is the number 1 reason for Murder whether you are a Native Filipino or a foreigner

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

There is an update on this and I am looking for the News Feed but it transpires he took on the Authorities and pissed the wrong people Off

When I can find the story I will post it. It was over Land and this is the number 1 reason for Murder whether you are a Native Filipino or a foreigner

Thanks Jack!   Suffice it to say I do not plan to buy or invest in any land, or complain about someone else's land then; can't say same for my Asawa, but I'm not even getting involved or showing my face if she does.   Moreover, not going to piss of anyone in authority, down to the lowest Brgy Captain.  

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Nickleback99 said:

Thanks Jack!   Suffice it to say I do not plan to buy or invest in any land, or complain about someone else's land then; can't say same for my Asawa, but I'm not even getting involved or showing my face if she does.   Moreover, not going to piss of anyone in authority, down to the lowest Brgy Captain.  

Probably a good shout. By all accounts the guy shot had been in a legal dispute with the Barabngay Captain. It wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes 5 mins to put two and two together but I'm sure they guys caught will say it was an accident. 

• Like 5