Trip Report

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the report!  Sounds like a smooth trip and you stayed away from cliffs.  For some reason the first 4 pics don't come up for me.  Might be my internet.

intrepid
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Thanks for the report!  Sounds like a smooth trip and you stayed away from cliffs.  For some reason the first 4 pics don't come up for me.  Might be my internet.

Not your internet, I cannot open them either.  Looked like a fun relaxing trip!

robert k
Posted
Posted

Agree about Bais, which I would describe as attractive even though there appear to be some building that are maintenance deferred, reasonably clean place. Tanjay I would more describe as quaint. I have visited Bayawan several times and I would recommend it as a place to visit.

• Thanks 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Outstanding trip advisory for road trip south of San Carlos.  Your wife must be a real trooper with an adventurous spirit just like you.  May I ask what kind of motorcycle is that?  Looks really durable for all types of road condition.  

Thank you RBM!  By the way, I also could only see the last four attachments.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Great report! Enjoyed following your journey on Google Maps. And the best part is you got home safe. Well done!

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, RBM said:

There does not seem to be much interest in trip reports how ever maybe this light report will be of interest to some living in Negros.

Not sure I agree with that comment RBM, your trip reports have always been very interesting and this one was no different.  Like Mike B, I also used Google maps to follow your trip, I would certainly like to do a similar trip to that in the near future.  Out of interest what is it you dislike about Sipalay? I haven't had the pleasure of visiting it yet.

Anyway, a good report, seems that all that read it enjoyed it and health permitting hope that you manage to give some more road trip reports soon.

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

i enjoyed your report ,the photos look great ,i also ride a motorcycle ,your choice of yamaha Tenere is tops for a trip such as that one ,is it the XT660 or the larger version ?

RBM
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jake said:

Outstanding trip advisory for road trip south of San Carlos.  Your wife must be a real trooper with an adventurous spirit just like you.  May I ask what kind of motorcycle is that?  Looks really durable for all types of road condition.  

Thank you RBM!  By the way, I also could only see the last four attachments.

Thanks for the comments, for trips I ride a 2014 XZ Yamaha Tenere 1200  heavy but very comfortable. People often remark on the weight 245KG how ever only noticble when parking or going very slow, center of gravity very low meaning easy handling. 

Had problem uploading the pics, there are just 4 pics, so perhaps a mod could delete the lower 4. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 7/28/2017 at 5:42 AM, robert k said:

Agree about Bais, which I would describe as attractive even though there appear to be some building that are maintenance deferred, reasonably clean place. Tanjay I would more describe as quaint. I have visited Bayawan several times and I would recommend it as a place to visit.

Without question the young mayor of Bayawn  is so forward thinking, what an improvement. Returned in the car with my brother last week, he last visited Bayawan in 2012 and could not believe the transformation. Spotlessly clean and the lovely tree lined road outside the city which leads to City hall and many government offices is amazing. His plan is not to congest the city.

There is a new hospital being built i was told, time will tell what kind of medical care will be available, its an isolated area so medical facilities definitely  top consideration, apart a very livable city.

• Like 1