Monthly meet up, Dumaguete

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, markty said:

please be sure to let me know for sure the date

You've caught us right in the middle as May was a long month and we generally don't get together until the second Thursday of the month, June 14th this month.

That said, is anyone up for a second meet up this month?  @AlwaysRt has some spare time on his hands.  I could get away on Sunday or Monday for a bit.  Any takers?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

has some spare time on his hands.  I could get away on Sunday or Monday for a bit.  Any takers?

OUCH.jpg Scratching Head.jpg let me think on that and talk to ER indoors:hystery: What are you suggesting? Me I am OK for next Thursday.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

What are you suggesting? Me I am OK for next Thursday.

I was thinking of a brunch on Sunday or Monday, reason being if we wait until Thursday its only a week off our "usual" meet on the second Thursday.

I had it in mind simply because my lady is off to work this Sunday, and AlwaysRt had mentioned being stag for a bit (not sure how long) so it seemed like it might be a good idea to meet the new face and chin wag with the old ones.

But watch this space!  We'll see who else responds.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I cant make it Sunday or Monday if everybody wants I am ok with changing it to the 7th.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, markty said:

please be sure to let me know for sure the date. Time etc so I can come along

Hello Mark.

We can work with your schedule if you like.  Would you prefer the second Thursday of June, that is June 14th at 1 PM or is the first Thursday of June, that is June 7th at 1 PM better for you.

It may mean some of us get their arms twisted to have 2 beers this month but we do want to meet new people and make new members feel welcome.

We'll give you a day or so to get back to us before we make up our minds on such serious issues as when to have a drink :cheersty:

• Like 3

markty
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hello Mark.

We can work with your schedule if you like.  Would you prefer the second Thursday of June, that is June 14th at 1 PM or is the first Thursday of June, that is June 7th at 1 PM better for you.

It may mean some of us get their arms twisted to have 2 beers this month but we do want to meet new people and make new members feel welcome.

We'll give you a day or so to get back to us before we make up our minds on such serious issues as when to have a drink :cheersty:

I'm ok with either as long as i get the right day and time 😎

I'm here until 23rd this time round 😃

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, markty said:

I'm ok with either as long as i get the right day and time

Alright then gents.  Business as usual?  Second Thursday of the month makes it June 14th.  Chin Loong has been our spot lately.  1 PM has been our time.

And if anyone can't make it just drop me a message and I'll let ya buy me one on a different day :hystery:

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

What date is it on next month? , Depending on how I get on with a lady from GSC , I might make it there to say hello

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, bastonjock said:

What date is it on next month?

We try and keep it the same day:

14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Second Thursday of the month makes it

June 14th THIS month.
July 12th NEXT month but that is getting ahead of ourselves.

We like to accommodate fellow members who want to meet up.  Many of us enjoy putting a face to the name on the post. It makes we have (on rare occasions) changed the day of the meet or had a second gathering to meet someone who can't make it on the day. 

By keeping it on the same day each month, if someone cannot make it that is quite understandable.  If

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

REMINDER:

Thursday, June 14th is tomorrow!

Those who plan on meeting up in Dumaguete this month should take note.  See you at 1 "ish" at Chin Loong on the boulevard.  Bring gossip! :hystery: