Bureau Of Immigration 2017 Tourist Visa Questions

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hearing no more 6 month extensions, only 1 and 2. Express fees no more but maybe if you ask they will, otherwise need to go back to BOI 3-5 days later. The express fee seems bogus to me because when I special request ( LOL)  a few weeks ago it only took about 5 minutes. I guess if everybody was doing it would take much longer however, an hour or so was my usual wait. Can anyone confirm the status of 6 month tourist visa extensions for SINGLE guys ?

Edited by bang4dabuck

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Moderator's Note:  Topic split as it was originally posted in a 5 year old thread and BI info has changed a dozen times since then.

As to the question:  Last I heard the BI were still issuing 6 month Visas under certain conditions.  Where is the source of any changes?  EDIT:  Thanks for reminding me.  I just checked my passport and my 6 month visa expires next week so I will go to BI on Tuesday and see if I have any problems getting another 6 months.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I just got my 6 month Visa in June at the Dumaguete office. It is good until December.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I was curious so I looked at the BI website.  Is this a different visa?

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/long-stay-visitor-visa-extension-lsvve

You use the same form as normal tourist extension.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have not heard anything about the 6 month visa going away.

Different BI offices seem to be handling the Express Fee in their own ways.  Here in Iloilo they have an "authorized travel agent" in the lobby that can get anything you need processed right away.  If you choose not to use her... their schedule appears to be clogged.  Her fee is coincidentally exactly the same as the old Express Fee.  So they just added an cousin/aunt/mom as a fixer. It feels dirtier to me - I liked the express fee.  :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, bang4dabuck said:

Hearing no more 6 month extensions, only 1 and 2

Hearing from where? 

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Tim, I had to get an express visa once because the wife left the marriage certificate at home. Express fees go to the top dog so he is not going to miss out, or express fee was 500 peso, what was yours, ha ha.😜.

• 1 month later...
Sergei
Posted
Posted

Just visited BOI at Naga city, I married, but on russian girl. They said that i need philipino spouse for 6 months extension. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Sergei said:

Just visited BOI at Naga city, I married, but on russian girl. They said that i need philipino spouse for 6 months extension. 

That's the first I have heard of that one. :89:

Howard
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Sergei said:

I extended many times in Manila before I got a 13A. I never heard of that before.