Which TV?

mogo51
Posted
Posted

We will have to buy a decent TV probably if we move to where I am thinking as the one in the unit was used by Noah on the ark.

We looked at Hi Sense and Devant and they are several thousand cheaper.  Could get a 52 inch Hi Sense  or a Devant for the same price as a 42 inch LG, Samsung etc.  Has any member any exposure to these brands and if so favourable or otherwise?

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Ron, Don't be afraid of using Lazada.  We have now many times and never a problem.  Easy to make returns also.  We bought this 32" Ace TV and are very happy with it.  http://www.lazada.com.ph/ace-32-slim-led-tv-black-led-808-dn4-3720746.html?spm=a2o4l.search.0.0.dAT8ZW&ff=1        They have many others also.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Pleased with my 50" 1080p Hisense, around p18k at Robinsons, Very pleased with my 65" Itechie 4K Smart TV, with soundbar and delivery was p28K when I bought it, now p28,500 TV only but very much worth it in my opinion (you will want a soundbar or speakers as the builtin sound like a can) http://www.lazada.com.ph/itechie-65-4k-smart-led-tv-black-f-6500-10225164.html?spm=a2o4l.category-030500000000.0.0.1Ulqk6&ff=1&sc=EW8U

Delivery was impressive, they built a wooden crate around the manufacturer's box. Very solid and safe. 

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

We have a LG and a Samsung, both 40 inches and we like the LG better for both sound and picture, noticeably.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Mog,,,,I am not a techno wiz, but what ever brand you get make sure its a "smart" tv, hook it up to your wireless and u can watch u tube, and streaming movies and tv shows. I got 2 LG's from SM Appliance and am very happy with them

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

We will have to buy a decent TV probably if we move to where I am thinking as the one in the unit was used by Noah on the ark.

We looked at Hi Sense and Devant and they are several thousand cheaper.  Could get a 52 inch Hi Sense  or a Devant for the same price as a 42 inch LG, Samsung etc.  Has any member any exposure to these brands and if so favourable or otherwise?

Both Dave H and I have Hi sense tvs and I am satisfied with it.Good picture and easy to use once you learn how and it is not hard.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Both Dave H and I have Hi sense tvs and I am satisfied with it.Good picture and easy to use once you learn how and it is not hard.

I don't find the "Smart" part to be easy to use but apart from that its fine.  And cheap enough that the "Smart" part is a bonus so if I never figure it out, no problem.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I don't find the "Smart" part to be easy to use but apart from that its fine.  And cheap enough that the "Smart" part is a bonus so if I never figure it out, no problem.

Dave, HiSense has another line that would fit your needs next time.  LoSense.  :smile:

Seriously, Mogo, if you want to use Netflix, you might avoid Samsung.  Their Netflix app is buggy and I currently can't get Netflix to work, even after call their tech support.  I will probably drop Netflix due to this.  Another member had this problem too.

If you get an LG Smart TV, make sure you get a magic remote with it.  It is like a mouse pointer for the TV.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Mogo51,

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Whoops, hit return by mistake, We bought the 50inch Devant. We have been happy with that until we had a lightning strike, and the TV quit working. Called Devant and got a technician out and brought all the boards out with him. Got the tv working again in less than an hour. No pay, happy with the service. 1.5 hours out of Cebu city in the Province!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1