Which TV?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Angel1403 said:

Is there 4k cable in Manila yet? I think its just HD on Sky.......4k is great for sure hehe...looks great on Netflix.....Oh I wonder if you get 4k Netflix in Philippines?   

Cheers

Yes hey do.

• Like 1

Angel1403
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply.........That's great we will organise that once we are their. I assume I can just pay a little extra a month on Netflix to get the 4k content, same as in UK.

I guess Sky or other cable companies will introduce 4k content soon.....if not already hehe

We might end up using asound bar too, as I cant imagine connecting up my Denon av receiver unless I can hide the cables hehe

Cheers

Allan

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Yes, Netflix has some 4k content.  I think all of it is their Netflix original content.  However, they recommend at least 25 mbps for the HD content.

We liked it enough to keep it but I gave up trying to get it to work on our Samsung.  Sometime it would scroll up to 25% and just stop.  Sometimes it is just black.  I chatted with Netflix but their advice did not solve the problem.  I could not find an internet solution either.  I probably should have talked to Samsung but I gave up and cancelled just now.  They keep your account active for 10 months so I might turn it back on in a few month to see if it is better.

You can use Amazon Prime here but a lot of content is not available.  If you use a VPN or a proxy service like the one Markham mentioned, you can get it all.

• Like 2

Angel1403
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info.....when we were in Manila in June we noticed some content on Netflix their that we dont get here lol......3 seasons line of duty available their......only 2 here.....

Cheers

Allan

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 8/5/2017 at 4:07 PM, mogo51 said:

I'm  a bit of a dumb arse in techno stuff Kev, but seems they are getting the general thumbs up.

If you can use a mobile phone you can set up the tv with the remote it is not that complicated these days.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Angel1403 said:

Thanks for the info.....when we were in Manila in June we noticed some content on Netflix their that we dont get here lol......3 seasons line of duty available their......only 2 here.....

Cheers

Allan

Great Series.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 8/6/2017 at 10:05 AM, OnMyWay said:

Yes, Netflix has some 4k content.  I think all of it is their Netflix original content.  However, they recommend at least 25 mbps for the HD content.

We liked it enough to keep it but I gave up trying to get it to work on our Samsung.  Sometime it would scroll up to 25% and just stop.  Sometimes it is just black.  I chatted with Netflix but their advice did not solve the problem.  I could not find an internet solution either.  I probably should have talked to Samsung but I gave up and cancelled just now.  They keep your account active for 10 months so I might turn it back on in a few month to see if it is better.

You can use Amazon Prime here but a lot of content is not available.  If you use a VPN or a proxy service like the one Markham mentioned, you can get it all.

I have a Chromecast which allows me to run Netflix on my phone then stream it to my TV via the wifi. Works great.

• Like 1

Angel1403
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info......

• 1 year later...
Seth
Posted
Posted
On 8/8/2017 at 12:37 AM, earthdome said:

I have a Chromecast which allows me to run Netflix on my phone then stream it to my TV via the wifi. Works great.

That will overheat and burn up your phone and how long that takes depends on the make and model.

Howard
Posted
Posted

We have the Sony Bravia smart TV. It's got a great picture but the sound is crap so I hooked it up to the Bose speaker. it's great that way but it's a bit of a PITA having to use the Bose remote to raise the volume when you first turn everything on.  I also think the Wifi adapter in it is not the best because if I'm watching a streaming basketball game it will be guaranteed to pixelate or freeze up sometime during the game, but if I watch the game on my iPhone and cast it to the TV there is never a problem. 

• Like 1