Which TV?

Gator
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Dave, HiSense has another line that would fit your needs next time.  LoSense.  :smile:

Seriously, Mogo, if you want to use Netflix, you might avoid Samsung.  Their Netflix app is buggy and I currently can't get Netflix to work, even after call their tech support.  I will probably drop Netflix due to this.  Another member had this problem too.

If you get an LG Smart TV, make sure you get a magic remote with it.  It is like a mouse pointer for the TV.

Skip the app and steam it via your phone/tablet/laptop. I do that often when I travel there and the cable service only has basic channels. All you need is an HDMI cable to whatever type connector your phone, etc has. 

The last condo I rented had a HiSense TV in it, although I think it was about 40". Remote was a bit buggy, but picture was good. Had external speakers hooked up to it if I recall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lobstered
Posted
Posted

I brought a 55 inch smart 4K ACE TV from Lazada recently On the plus side it was very cheap and the picture quality is very good. On the negative side the built in speakers are rubbish (fixed by purchasing a sound bar) and the smart functions stopped working after about 6 months. 

In the future I would by the cheap Chinese TVs as my secondary TVs (ie for the bedroom) but for my main TV I would still spend more and buy eith LG or Samsung (personally I prefer LG)

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 8/4/2017 at 8:31 AM, mogo51 said:

We will have to buy a decent TV probably if we move to where I am thinking as the one in the unit was used by Noah on the ark.

We looked at Hi Sense and Devant and they are several thousand cheaper.  Could get a 52 inch Hi Sense  or a Devant for the same price as a 42 inch LG, Samsung etc.  Has any member any exposure to these brands and if so favourable or otherwise?

well mogo, I count no lees than ten recommendations thus far.  I will now suggest you take out a small loan and purchase one of each of the recommend TVs.  That way you watch all your favorite channels from the best TVs here in the Philippines from one seat with only moving your head!  How great it is!:hystery:

• Haha 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Lobstered said:

I brought a 55 inch smart 4K ACE TV from Lazada recently On the plus side it was very cheap and the picture quality is very good. On the negative side the built in speakers are rubbish (fixed by purchasing a sound bar) and the smart functions stopped working after about 6 months. 

In the future I would by the cheap Chinese TVs as my secondary TVs (ie for the bedroom) but for my main TV I would still spend more and buy eith LG or Samsung (personally I prefer LG)

Tha nk you.

5 hours ago, intrepid said:

well mogo, I count no lees than ten recommendations thus far.  I will now suggest you take out a small loan and purchase one of each of the recommend TVs.  That way you watch all your favorite channels from the best TVs here in the Philippines from one seat with only moving your head!  How great it is!:hystery:

Maybe a plan.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/4/2017 at 7:41 AM, AlwaysRt said:

Pleased with my 50" 1080p Hisense, around p18k at Robinsons, Very pleased with my 65" Itechie 4K Smart TV, with soundbar and delivery was p28K when I bought it, now p28,500 TV only but very much worth it in my opinion (you will want a soundbar or speakers as the builtin sound like a can) http://www.lazada.com.ph/itechie-65-4k-smart-led-tv-black-f-6500-10225164.html?spm=a2o4l.category-030500000000.0.0.1Ulqk6&ff=1&sc=EW8U

Delivery was impressive, they built a wooden crate around the manufacturer's box. Very solid and safe. 

I have used Lazada before and bought a TV, was my fault, thought I was buying a Smart TV but I wasn't very smart as it was not. Also bought a non stick frypan  which did in fact 'stick'.  So they are on the barred list.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/4/2017 at 8:00 AM, scott h said:

Mog,,,,I am not a techno wiz, but what ever brand you get make sure its a "smart" tv, hook it up to your wireless and u can watch u tube, and streaming movies and tv shows. I got 2 LG's from SM Appliance and am very happy with them

Thaniks Scott

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/4/2017 at 8:32 AM, sonjack2847 said:

Both Dave H and I have Hi sense tvs and I am satisfied with it.Good picture and easy to use once you learn how and it is not hard.

I'm  a bit of a dumb arse in techno stuff Kev, but seems they are getting the general thumbs up.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/4/2017 at 8:52 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I don't find the "Smart" part to be easy to use but apart from that its fine.  And cheap enough that the "Smart" part is a bonus so if I never figure it out, no problem.

I can manage to plug the power cable in most of the time Dave, but that's about it.

Angel1403
Posted
Posted

If your planning to keep the tv a long time I would go either Sony, Samsung or Panasonic....

My 2 last "smart" tvs were Sony.....55in, current is 65in....great picture and Netflix etc work well.

We noted during our time in Manila that there are good discounts for cash payments....

Cheers

Allan

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I have used Lazada before and bought a TV, was my fault, thought I was buying a Smart TV but I wasn't very smart as it was not. Also bought a non stick frypan  which did in fact 'stick'.  So they are on the barred list.

I hear you but have a couple points.

Lazada both ships direct and has 'partner' suppliers that do third party shipping form both inside and outside of the Philippines. I generally order only from companies with 4 of 5 rating within the Philippines only. This TV ships not only from the Philippines but direct from Lazada also.

I did not particularly 'want' to buy a TV from Lazada either, however it was too hard to walk away from a p40,000 discount.