7 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Were these folks sleeping during the "Marketing 101" class? :89:

Of course not... they were out to lunch :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Benington
Posted
Posted

Reminds me of a village in the Dolomites wife and I visited a few years ago..frequented by tourists...many of the shops had an annoying daily 3 hour break from noon until 3pm.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Sounds like they have a strong union. Are they hiring? I will agree to Not work for them for 10% less than the people who are Not working for them now?:hystery:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Benington said:

Reminds me of a village in the Dolomites wife and I visited a few years ago..frequented by tourists...many of the shops had an annoying daily 3 hour break from noon until 3pm.

Yup, siesta time

Benington
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Yup, siesta time

Alps not a siesta area. Thought they might be tending to their cows. A fair few about near the village. But loss of business considerable.

Going back to the Philippines "eating at the desk" is something people are only willing to do here reluctantly. Maybe something to do with the need they have to eat three cooked meals a day?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
Just now, Benington said:

Alps not a siesta area. Thought they might be tending to their cows. A fair few about near the village. But loss of business considerable.

Going back to the Philippines "eating at the desk" is something people are only willing to do here reluctantly. Maybe something to do with the need they have to eat three cooked meals a day?

Quite messy eating at your desk when every meal includes eating rice with your hands...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Of course not... they were out to lunch :hystery:

Out to lunch translates to gossip time.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Mike J said:

Four of the 10 had their lights off and a sign on the counter "Out for Lunch".   Were these folks sleeping during the "Marketing 101" class?

Could mean they wont eat their own food so go out to buy somewhere else. 

• Like 2

Benington
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Quite messy eating at your desk when every meal includes eating rice with your hands...

The unmessy sandwich has never really caught on here, even with people working in places like Makati. Because it's not rice? It's cold? Fillings of poor quality?