New Mall Opens

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, RBM said:

my guess would be limited seating

I am convinced you are correct, without even visiting the mall, that the free seating is very limited.  However, mogo51 also is correct because there is sure to be a Bo's Coffee or similar place with seating available to anyone who can afford 100 pesos + for a cup of coffee to watch the girls walk by.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am convinced you are correct, without even visiting the mall, that the free seating is very limited.  However, mogo51 also is correct because there is sure to be a Bo's Coffee or similar place with seating available to anyone who can afford 100 pesos + for a cup of coffee to watch the girls walk by.

I wonder how much this will hurt the viewing at Robinson's Mall? Well my potential loss is you guys on the North side's gain LOL.

• Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My friend went there and yes it is quite small.The grocery part of it does not open until October 3rd.

• Thanks 1

Benington
Posted
Posted

I wonder if this country will ever get to the stage some Western retail markets are at now with the growth of online shopping and with traditional retailers under pressure. Most international trends eventually find root here, but is this going to be an exception?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Benington said:

I wonder if this country will ever get to the stage some Western retail markets are at now with the growth of online shopping and with traditional retailers under pressure. Most international trends eventually find root here, but is this going to be an exception?

For online shopping to take over from department stores here the customer service would have to have a massive overhaul.The workers in places like City mall have quite a good customer service record.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Benington said:

Most international trends eventually find root here, but is this going to be an exception?

It is an SM outlet so I guess it will survive 

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I wonder how much this will hurt the viewing at Robinson's Mall? Well my potential loss is you guys on the North side's gain LOL.

So where is this new mall?  Can anyone give a known landmark that it is close to?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

So where is this new mall?  Can anyone give a known landmark that it is close to?

North on National Highway, continue past the airport (don't remember distance of the top of my head), City Mall will be on the left. Single level, smaller than Robinson, if you head up that way might want to stop in and check what SM has different if anything. Not sure it's worth a special trip if you aren't on the North side already.

Edited by AlwaysRt

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

North on National Highway, continue past the airport (don't remember distance of the top of my head), City Mall will be on the left. Single level, smaller than Robinson, if you head up that way might want to stop in and check what SR has different if anything. Not sure it's worth a special trip if you aren't on the North side already.

In Mandaue SM they had a range of frozen veg(good stuff) and one time I was able to get weetabix there.

• Like 1