Power Boats

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My dad always had power boats when I was growing up.  Most of the family called them "holes in the water that you throw money into".  :smile:

If I were able to afford a speed boat here in Subic, I would like one like the one I saw today.  I was going by Petron and saw this one filling up, and noted the huge outboards on it, so I pulled in to take a pic.  2 X 350 hp Yamahas, 700 hp!  I looked up the Yamaha website, and those are both 5.3 L V8s!

20170812_131602 (2).jpg 20170812_131644 (2).jpg

The hull is an 33 ft. Airship and I had never see one like it, so I looked them up too.  Interesting design!

http://www.airshipribs.com/airshipcms/

It holds about 750 liters of fuel, so at p35 / liter it would cost you about p26,000 to fill-er-up!  We noted that there was not a tow vehicle hooked up.  It probably takes so long they disconnect and go do errands!

Bottom line is, does anyone have $100,000 I can borrow?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Wow, nice RIB to take out the family on a leisurely cruise to Hong Kong?Don's toy.jpg

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

t holds about 750 liters of fuel, so at p35 / liter it would cost you about p26,000 to fill-er-up!  We noted that there was not a tow vehicle hooked up.  It probably takes so long they disconnect and go do errands!

For that price I would expect it to be a six wheel drive amphibian!

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Buy a Bangca boat it is cheaper.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

It holds about 750 liters of fuel, so at p35 / liter it would cost you about p26,000 to fill-er-up!

350 hp outboard will burn close to 35 gallons of fuel per hour at wide open = (fast fun)  x two engines.  Well that full tank of fuel will last you almost 3 hours of fun!  I remember when gasoline hit $1.50 a gallon in the US many years ago, it wasn't fun anymore.  Sold the boats.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, intrepid said:

350 hp outboard will burn close to 35 gallons of fuel per hour at wide open = (fast fun)  x two engines.  Well that full tank of fuel will last you almost 3 hours of fun!  I remember when gasoline hit $1.50 a gallon in the US many years ago, it wasn't fun anymore.  Sold the boats.

You should try it in the UK. It's about $5.78 a gallon. 

robert k
Posted
Posted

Might be fun if you could rent one. I doubt I would want to own one though.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jake said:

Wow, nice RIB to take out the family on a leisurely cruise to Hong Kong?Don's toy.jpg

In the pic, from the angle of the motor, it looks like he is having trouble keeping the bow down.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Sure no problem............5/6 ok?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Just now, scott h said:

Sure no problem............5/6 ok?

Sure, 5-6 pm is fine.  Text me when you get close.  Keep the p10,000 bundles intact so it is easier to count.

Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2