Power Boats

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jake said:

Wow, nice RIB to take out the family on a leisurely cruise to Hong Kong?Don's toy.jpg

That's my kinda boat Jake!:smile:

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I agree OMW.  Wouldn't a power boat be fantastic to own?!  Back in the US when the price of fuel was at it's highest, there were often many power boats parked along the road and in yards in Rhode Island, because nobody could afford.  Often at very reasonable prices!

Here power and speed boats are outrageously priced and out of reach for many interested folks I think.  Sometimes we'll check out some surplus places to see if there are any bargains, but so far no luck!  I found a great one online once that had a cool name--"The Happy Hooker"!  :smile:

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Buy a Bangca boat it is cheaper.

SonJack--we  had a pump boat built by a local fisherman/carpenter and used to cruise around our area for a couple of seasons, but now it's up in the yard in dry dock. It was fun sometimes, but a lot of work to haul, tie and untie it from it's floating bamboo dock, and it got hot out on the sunny water.  To get in to it we had to climb down the seawall on a portable wooden ladder, and jump onto it! The only time that you could take it out was during dry season, because the water was just too wavy during rainy season. Before rainy season started, it to my husband and about seven neighborhood guys to lift and haul it up and 20160410_133905.jpgover the sea wall to stay! 

It was fun and jaunty boat, and could move along,  but no speed boat for sure!:smile:

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You've hit on my pet peeve :angry:

Filipinos with money buy boats like that and fly around the water without giving a flying f*ck to the kids and other swimmers who's heads are bobbing up and down in the water.  They treat the ocean like the treat the highways, the guy with the most money owns it.  Its scary watching the way the rich kids use their power boats and jet skies and I am thankful there are not more rich a*sholes here.

For those who want to use power boats away from shore where there are no kids, swimmers or fishermen, I have no problem with that.  Enjoy.

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The hull is an 33 ft. Airship and I had never see one like it, so I looked them up too.  Interesting design!

I don't see a licence plate on the trailer. I expected to see a California plate with Jake at the helm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

You should try it in the UK. It's about $5.78 a gallon. 

No thank you.  I remember the last few times I used my boat.  All I was thinking was the $$$$ signs flashing by in my mind and the other things I could be doing with the money.  Like I said, it was no longer fun.

I do remember thinking later a nice motor sailer or trawler would be easier on the pocket at the pump.  But that was the time period I met my wife and discovered the Philippines.:SugarwareZ-005: More fun than a boat!:thumbsup:

Edited by intrepid
  • Like 3