New car for 17 months still no Registration plate

Nylsel Joy Aneslac
Posted
Posted

we paid P500 a pair of temporary plate bearing the conduction sticker , since plate number hasnt been assigned.. Well, just follow this format so you wont get penalized c624ccacc3e6164a1fb384a629747c60ad8a0709 .. There's no problem driving cars with no official plate just make sure to have a temporary one. We cant blame the new administration for this its all the previous admin's fault by means of corruption... they hire other country to make this , where it can be done easily by filipino company alone. The foreign company would not want to pay the tax in the boc because the govt official assigned  got more than what the tax in the boc asked.

Nylsel Joy Aneslac
Posted
Posted
On 8/21/2017 at 8:10 PM, Lobstered said:

I just brought a new car. It came with its registration number on temporary plates prepared by the dealer. With the dealer saying that I should not expect the actual plates anytime in the next couple of years but that it really makes no difference these are the official temporary plates and therefore legal.

The really mind numbingly stupid part of all of this is, that the LTO issue the registration number, they have also issued parameters of what must go on the temporary license plate and what font size extra each bit of information has to be. So why not just say this is the official license plate.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Nylsel Joy Aneslac said:

we paid P500 a pair of temporary plate bearing the conduction sticker , since plate number hasnt been assigned.. Well, just follow this format so you wont get penalized c624ccacc3e6164a1fb384a629747c60ad8a0709 .. There's no problem driving cars with no official plate just make sure to have a temporary one. We cant blame the new administration for this its all the previous admin's fault by means of corruption... they hire other country to make this , where it can be done easily by filipino company alone. The foreign company would not want to pay the tax in the boc because the govt official assigned  got more than what the tax in the boc asked.

Please do not hotlink images from another site. They can be uploaded to the forum. By hotlinking you are using someone else's bandwidth. :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...
CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted (edited)

plates.jpg

I've seen some of these temp plates without the MV file number.  Wounder if they have just 7 days to drive from dealer release date because of this? It is just a 7 day conduction plate, or good for 30 days, or until you get your OR/CR?  I think the two letter followed by 4 digits is just a conduction temp plate to drive the car home and park it until you have your OR/CR??? 

While shopping for a car, some said; don't worry we give you CSR paperwork. Sounds like it means you can drive for a few weeks until your OR/CR is in hand?  But you still have to sign a waiver of dealership liability about driving beyond 7 days.  I'm confused. Or I'm just slow.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Got rid of huge image

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

I've seen some of these temp plates without the MV file number.  Wounder if they have just 7 days to drive from dealer release date because of this? It is just a 7 day conduction plate, or good for 30 days, or until you get your OR/CR?  I think the two letter followed by 4 digits is just a conduction temp plate to drive the car home and park it until you have your OR/CR??? 

Yesterday I went to the dealer who sold my motorcycle on Dec 27, 2017.

I said "Its been 4 months and I still have only the 'For Registration' plate.  Do you have the temporary number yet?"

All the clerks were listening and all chuckled.  One said "Not yet sir, that takes about 6 months and its only been 4 months".

I said "But I want to take my new motorcycle to Cebu and they have many stopchecks.  What can I do about that?  Will they fine me or confiscate my motorcycle?"

She said: "Sir they are very strict in Cebu.   We suggest you avoid the stopchecks whenever possible."  And all the clerks chuckled.

So the point is:  The locals all think it is a big joke and have no problem hanging back from a stop check so as not to get their motorbike confiscated.  Not sure if a car would get confiscated but probably.  Once you have the temporary number and plate then you are OK to go through the stop checks.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not sure if a car would get confiscated but probably.  Once you have the temporary number and plate then you are OK to go through the stop checks.

I mentioned this before, we get a paper of Authorisation to Drive that is in force until Regular plates are issued The dealer should get this from the LTO and ours came with the OR and CR authorization.jpg

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I mentioned this before, we get a paper of Authorisation to Drive that is in force until Regular plates are issued The dealer should get this from the LTO and ours came with the OR and C

Yes Jack.  That is what we need.  That is what Du Ek Sam in Bais says takes 6 months to get.  I have a feeling you got yours faster than 6 months and if I ever buy another new bike or car I would hold back some money until I got that bit of paper.

In the meantime, they give out a useless bit of paper saying the paperwork has been sent to LTO "for registration" and the temporary number is not yet available.

The former case (your) is valid at a stop check.

The latter case (me) is not.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Happyhorn52 said:

LTO: Expect new license plates by March 2018

:whistling: It is April 21 2018 as I sit here? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling: It is April 21 2018 as I sit here? 

I guess you didn't see the word Expect :mocking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1