PNP Internet Banking (or lack Of)

intrepid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Until today I had 2 items on my 'frustration' list internet and mobile phone, now added a 3rd = banking. I have just tried to get my name on a joing a/c we opened but is not a joint a/c as i did not have an ACR card, but I can't get one for 3 months. The same applies to getting a driver's licence - no logic.

As they say,...."Welcome to the Philippines"  Where logic is out the window.  My word for everything here now is "Typical"!  :whistling:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, intrepid said:

My word for everything here now is "Typical"!  :whistling:

Typical to what my friend?

intrepid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Some women I have met :smile:

Maybe you met them after me!,....Just saying....:hystery:

intrepid
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

Typical to what my friend?

Typical as compared to everything else here. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Typical as compared to everything else here. 

Do you mean that it is Typical that things go wrong at times because there is NOTHING, that I would call typical for the PI, to me, it is the way  it is :thumbsup: Horrendous 

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Do you mean that it is Typical that things go wrong at times because there is NOTHING, that I would call typical for the PI, to me, it is the way  it is :thumbsup: Horrendous 

Very close Jack, except the "at times" part.  Seems like "all the time and everything".  That's my typical.  But then again, could just be me wishing for something, someday not to be Horrendous.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):  I enjoy my wife complaining about things she now notices that she didn't before.  I just tell her to set back and not to worry,...It's just typical here.  That's how they do it!:morning1:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Some women I have met :smile:

That belly is really paying off then?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, robert k said:

That belly is really paying off then?

Where is my banded wand :whistling:

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Until today I had 2 items on my 'frustration' list internet and mobile phone, now added a 3rd = banking. I have just tried to get my name on a joing a/c we opened but is not a joint a/c as i did not have an ACR card, but I can't get one for 3 months. The same applies to getting a driver's licence - no logic.

It must be hit and miss and dependent on the bank or branch. We went to he aforementioned PNB and while they asked if I had an ACR, didn't seem to care much when I responded that I did not. But of course I had listened to Jack and showed up at the branch looking like a rich foreigner - actually the wife dressed up and I just put on a clean t-shirt. They did require documentation in the form of my passport, but let the ACR thing slide. They were also interested in seeing our balikbayan privilege stamp on the passport. The point being it can happen but it depends on the bank and perhaps their mood at the time.

Edited by davewe
  • Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, davewe said:

It must be hit and miss and dependent on the bank or branch. We went to he aforementioned PNB and while they asked if I had an ACR, didn't seem to care much when I responded that I did not. But of course I had listened to Jack and showed up at the branch looking like a rich foreigner - actually the wife dressed up and I just put on a clean t-shirt. They did require documentation in the form of my passport, but let the ACR thing slide. They were also interested in seeing our balikbayan privilege stamp on the passport. The point being it can happen but it depends on the bank and perhaps their mood at the time.

Thanks Dave for that information.  I have been told much the same thing from others.  I have met an Aussie/Kiwi and he is taking me to his bank on Monday.  He has got foreigners thru before without ACR card and is confident he can do the same for me.  I just find it very strange that they issue you with BB visa and this does not require reporting or ACR card, but then you get hit with these requirements.

Then I give myself an uppercut and just say 'TIP" this is  Philippines.  I am sure I can sort it next week.  The bank I am with is a foreign bank and I realise now that was not the smartest move as they are scrutinised more closely obviously.  That will be corrected.