Problems with PLDT

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

We are having probs with PLDTs DSL , internet kept dropping sun- tuesday weds zero.

Changed the router just to check, still no dsl.

Back on this morning well almost. Speed 0.2-0.20mbs.

Will wait a while before calling them as its been raining hard here which often knocks it off

For an hour or so, 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

We have had an ongoing problem with PLDT for months now. Good speeds, up to 15mbps, during the day until about 5pm it drops away to to less than 1mbps. It gradually comes back after about 10pm. Very bizarre! This happens every night!

We have had the router/modem replaced, the line to the local junction box replaced. PLDT engineers have been out numerous times, to no avail. 

It had got so bad that we have had a Globe line fitted to run in tandem with PLDT so we can have a hopefully reliable internet connection 24/7. Globe generally has been reliable but as my SO teaches over the internet,  the evenings being her most busy time, it is essential to have a reliable 3+mbps connection.

PLDT service absolutely sucks in our opinion.  I have asked dozens of times for an engineer to attend after about 6pm to see for themselves how the speed drops away, but they always attend during the day when we are getting good speeds. 

Ken

• Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

We have had an ongoing problem with PLDT for months now. Good speeds, up to 15mbps, during the day until about 5pm it drops away to to less than 1mbps. It gradually comes back after about 10pm. Very bizarre! This happens every night!

People come home from work or out of school so more users on the internet clogging the system. Have you checked what other internet options are available in your area if any ?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

We are having probs with PLDTs DSL , internet kept dropping sun- tuesday weds zero.

Changed the router just to check, still no dsl.

Back on this morning well almost. Speed 0.2-0.20mbs.

Will wait a while before calling them as its been raining hard here which often knocks it off

For an hour or so, 

Ahh Philippine internet/mobile phones, a very sound basis to seriously consider suicide.

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Reported the problem speed back up to normal, but for how long ?

Engineer 72 hours possibly  in our area !

Wife wants to go with our local cable tv but they are just as bad.

May have to go back to the old way 2 tins and a very long piece of string

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

People come home from work or out of school so more users on the internet clogging the system. Have you checked what other internet options are available in your area if any ?

Yes, that was/is my thought too, especially since our problem started shortly after PLDT had a sales drive in our area promoting their new fibre optic internet service. Of course they jumped the gun as the fibre optic cable hasn't actually been laid yet so I guess the old copper cable network is now creaking under the strain of the demand. It seems too coincidental and the symptoms point that way. PLDT however say it isn't but cannot explain what the issue might be. This has been going on since January! Their solution is to downgrade our speed to 'up to 2mbps' instead of the 'up to 15mbps' we had originally. Not what we wanted and paid for, although they graciously reduced the monthly fee of course.  :(

We do have Globe as an alternative in the area which we now also use which seems OK although not particularly fast. We use internet streaming to view UK tv channels which requires about 5 mbps, which can be a bit much for our Globe connection but at least it's fast enough for teaching. 

Ken

• 1 month later...
Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
On 8/31/2017 at 6:24 PM, Huggybearman said:

especially since our problem started shortly after PLDT had a sales drive in our area

Not sure that PLDT should be taking on new customers when they can't service the ones they have with and degree of satisfaction. My Gripe today is that I can't get into my account page because they say I need to clear Cookies. This I have done 4 times now and all other pages Open without problems. So anyone got any suggestions on this? :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Jack:whistling:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Jack not sure it it's true I read today the President plans to open up to outside competition. If so things should change for the better eventually. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Jack not sure it it's true I read today the President plans to open up to outside competition. If so things should change for the better eventually. 

Hmmmmmmm :89: The Future is always a good thing to look out for but many of us like to keep things under control day to day and certainly week but week but if you can't get into your account then what/how  are we supposed to do?  to control our spending, My daughter is on Mid Term Exams and her Data usage goes up as one would expect, so I need to see what is happening daily to ensure there is Data there for her. not just let it ride then get get capped at the 50 when I could have bought more :angry:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Not sure that PLDT should be taking on new customers when they can't service the ones they have with and degree of satisfaction. My Gripe today is that I can't get into my account page because they say I need to clear Cookies. This I have done 4 times now and all other pages Open without problems. So anyone got any suggestions on this? :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Jack:whistling:

Morning All:photo-109:

try Ctrl + F5 or open page in another browser. 

• Like 1