What is shown on Netflix?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, virginprune said:

The guy opposite me has PLDT fibre, 20mb unlimited P1899 plus P3600 installation inc modem. Instead of tv he subscribes to Netflix, 6 Euros a month, not that much then. He tells me that it streams pretty good so no need for a tv plan as well. I will look into that myself at some point.

What is shown on Netflix I have heard about it before but have no info on it.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Somewhat older movies and US TV shows, and they have their own original programming.  Here is the original programming.  We liked some of these but we dropped Netflix because the app would not consistently work right on our Samsung.

https://www.netflix.com/ph/originals

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

we dropped Netflix

I also dropped Netflix.  I reasoned that it cost the same as my SkyCable tv and had less content.  I did not need both and picked cable.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

You can log in and get a 30 day trial. We did the trial with Netflix, Iflix, and Amazon then chose Amazon in part to get the 2 day free shipping.

Disclaimer: Also, I am a shareholder of Amazon.

Castaway
Posted
Posted

FMovies is free and it has many more choices than Netflix.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Someone else got Netflix for me. I mostly binge watch series on it if they have something I like, then I'm mostly done with it for another year. Even less likely to watch it since they changed the rating system. The last movie I watched on it was a Chinese movie The Bodyguard starring Samo Hung, it was tolerable.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Crappy overpriced old moves in the main.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

When I log in from the PIs - very little.  I use a VPN to switch to Texas and have tons of stuff.  I was also using iFlix, since it is like p1,000 for a whole year, but it quit working dependably.  Also iFlix's compression is bad and it takes too much bandwidth to watch.

Globe cuts my connection speed down to 200kbps for at least a week and half every month (and will not increase my bandwidth allotment no matter how much money I offer).  At 200kbps I can barely load Facebook or YouTube but Netflix stream like a champ.