Bluesmart Suitcase

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Hi All

Well I have treated myself over the weekend. My Wife was out so I did some online shopping! I bought two useful objects:

1) A floating bar for my pool back in the Philippines. This will get a lot of use I hope

2) A Bluesmart suitcase. This has GPS, Self Weighing - so tells App how much it weighs, Alarm if case goes more than 20 meters away, self locking and has two USB chargers built in. 

I do travel a lot and was keen on getting a new case and thought why not.

Just wondering if anyone else had experience of these type of cases. Apparently all approved for flight as goes in flight mode when onboard.

Look forward to hearing any thoughts.

Paul

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Took two years to convince the courts to let me out of jail and to prove l was not a terrorist

We need a triple :hystery: button for that one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, PaulB said:

Just wondering if anyone else had experience of these type of cases. Apparently all approved for flight as goes in flight mode when onboard.

Can it sense flight mode or is it a setting that someone like myself would certainly forget the first time it was used and cause the aircraft to be shot down on order of homeland security? :Caught:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

You  would think such a gizmo could fly you to wherever you want to go as well.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Mike J said:

Can it sense flight mode or is it a setting that someone like myself would certainly forget the first time it was used and cause the aircraft to be shot down on order of homeland security? :Caught:

Yes apparently it can. My wife is flying to Philippines in Oct so i will lend it to her to see if she gets through security!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It sounds like a good concept but the Amazon reviews are pretty brutal, although there are some good ones. The 2 main complaints seem to be poor build quality and hassles with airport security because of the battery. Perhaps they'll adjust to them but flying is stressful enough w/o that. I'm curious what you think once you've actually used it though.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'd be concerned that you had to switch the alarm off for flight and therefore also on the luggage belt where there's more chance of a friendly local walking away with it. I'd also be concerned that at the regional airport security checks they wouldn't have a clue what to do. The struggle enough with a bottle of water.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 8:17 AM, PaulB said:

Look forward to hearing any thoughts.

My question would be, how much extra is this fancy case compared to a like case with out all the bells and whistles, and is it worth it?

In all my years of flying, I have never had a bag broken into or stolen, one time the bag missed the flight and the airline delivered it to my home the next day.

But then again, I am a craps player and am willing to bet on the roll of the dice. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

The Bluesmart One carry on weighs 5 kg empty, not much room left for contents and a cost of $811 plus taxes and maybe shipping. The international one cost $1677 plus taxes and shipping. I will stick with my blackdumb luggage.

https://www.amazon.ca/Bluesmart-Black-Edition-International-Luggage/dp/B01IH8ZTVQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504655512&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=bluesmart+suitcase

• Thanks 1