Bluesmart Suitcase

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jpbago said:

The Bluesmart One carry on weighs 5 kg empty, not much room left for contents and a cost of $811 plus taxes and maybe shipping. The international one cost $1677 plus taxes and shipping. I will stick with my blackdumb luggage.

https://www.amazon.ca/Bluesmart-Black-Edition-International-Luggage/dp/B01IH8ZTVQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504655512&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=bluesmart+suitcase

Wow. That's a lot of money considering you can buy a heavy duty power bank with 2 usb for just over 1000php that you can take everywhere with you instead of lugging a suitcase around, a smart phone has GPS built in and you can even get tracker discs about the size of a 5 peso coin very cheap that you track with the same phone. Just pop one in your suitcase or any other bag you're carrying. 

The biggest one would be the 5kg weight though for me as excess baggage isn't cheap. 

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 4

PaulB
Posted
Posted

All

Thanks for the feedback. It is on its way back!! 

If the wife is out this weekend i will update you on my next crazy purchase!

Paul

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, PaulB said:

All

Paul

I've been there myself as I'm a bit of a geek. I buy things on the spur of the moment then when I get it I think WTF lol. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, PaulB said:

All

Paul

It`s not very often people admit a mistake/bad choice,you have and I say well done it gives a better perspective of real life.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 9/4/2017 at 11:17 PM, PaulB said:

2) A Bluesmart suitcase. This has GPS, Self Weighing - so tells App how much it weighs, Alarm if case goes more than 20 meters away, self locking and has two USB chargers built in. 

Just thought I would mention that this  type of luggage are getting banned on some flights now if you can not remove the battery.

Strict new airline rules ban use of smart luggage on flights 

If you have smart luggage – the bags that charge your phone and act as mini scooters at the airport – there’s a solid chance you might need to replace it before your next overseas trip.

American Airlines has banned the use of any battery-powered luggage that doesn’t have a removable battery. The new strict rule goes into effect on January 15, 2018 and Delta Airlines have also implemented a similar policy.

The reason?

Due to the mid-flight fires and overall drama caused by the lithium-ion batteries found in Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7, airlines have decided to ban the batteries all together. This means most Smart Luggage bags are now off limits.

The airline officials say they want to spread the word before the holiday season, to ensure customers don’t waste their money on a product they won’t be able to use.

“We wanted to get out ahead of the holiday season given that it’s one of the trendy gifts for travellers,” American spokeswoman Leslie Scott told the Chicago Tribune.

Luckily, not all smart luggage bags are banned.

Travellers will be able to take bags on board with removable power units and battery packs, and will simply be asked to place the batteries in their carry on.

In case you were thinking of picking up some smart luggage for christmas, all bags from Arlo Skye, Barracuda, and G-RO have all been approved by TSA. 

https://travel.nine.com.au/2017/12/11/12/54/smart-luggage-batteries-banned-on-flights

• Thanks 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 05/09/2017 at 11:01 PM, PaulB said:

Yes apparently it can. My wife is flying to Philippines in Oct so i will lend it to her to see if she gets through security!!!

Scapegoat?

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

will simply be asked to place the batteries in their carry on.

What the???  They are not allowed to have the batteries in the checked luggage because of 

19 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

mid-flight fires

So . . . lets bring them in the passenger compartment and have the fire there?  If they are dangerous then ban them.  If not then leave them be.

• Like 1

marine6357
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So . . . lets bring them in the passenger compartment and have the fire there?  If they are dangerous then ban them.  If not then leave them be.

Here is the answer DH

On 12/11/2017 at 3:57 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Travellers will be able to take bags on board with removable power units and battery packs, and will simply be asked to place the batteries in their carry on.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

Here is the answer DH

But that's the part which does not make sense.  If the batteries are supposed to be a fire hazard then they are still a fire hazard in the carry on bags.

• Like 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Lucky I sent the damn thing back!!