Renting v Owning

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

This is the second instance of this I've heard of recently, it happened to a RL mate of mine in Mindoro.  I've even seen it where even a lease is signed based on the inclusions and then half the inclusions are gone; fridge, aircon, TV etc when the tenants move in.  

Welcome to the phills

• Haha 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Nice one Ron. Good to read your updates. I had our house built and no better feeling than home sweet home. Just need to finish 2 more years work and i will look you up.

Paul

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, mogo51 said:

This is just my experience after a very recent arrival.

Good job, Now what are you going to do for the next 15 years :hystery::nudie:

jpbago
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Good news is Brett that they have been returned and reinstalled.  Luckily I have eyes opposite, it will be doubled checked today.  

It just the mentality that is exhibited sometimes that makes me scratch my head.  It appears that the woman I am buying from is stood over by her brother (as is common here).  She is quite timid and this action was against all my experiences with her, so tend to believe brother is an A grade arsehole.

Same happened to us on our package deal house purchase. We looked at it twice, took pictures, then when we moved in, somethings were missing, like all the curtains including the rods, some furniture, a filing cabinet, some pictures, two fans, a ladder, some plants, and some garden tools.

I wanted to complain but my wife was afraid to as the sellers were well known politically and the caretaker was a "very religious man". By religious he must have went to confession everyday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

With the state of some of the stuff I've seen here, it might be a blessing that they disappear before moving in! 

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

That's great news for you and your SO Mogo. It sounds like the timing was right and a good opportunity presented itself. I'm glad that you put your foot down about the brother taking the AC units and fixtures--that would have been an unfair situation.

Best wishes for your new place and beginnings in the Philippines--may you have many happy times there together!  :smile: 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, hk blues said:

With the state of some of the stuff I've seen here, it might be a blessing that they disappear before moving in! 

Well they certainly don`t throw anything out here.I have seen appliances for sale which belong on a scrap heap.One person was selling a mattress which had been chewed by rats and he wrote that in the advert.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Well they certainly don`t throw anything out here.I have seen appliances for sale which belong on a scrap heap.One person was selling a mattress which had been chewed by rats and he wrote that in the advert.

robert k
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Obviously a one of a kind item? How much extra for the rat chewing? Are fleas/lice included or is there an extra charge?:89: Can I purchase it with gift wrap and delivery for a non-friend?:thumbsup:

• Haha 2