Six burner barbeques

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

Lack of demand, the locals use charcoal.

Yes, that is basically it.

I never had a good opinion of Charbroil brand back in the U.S.  Lower prices than other name brands but Charbroil did not get good reviews on Amazon back then.  Here is a 6 burner on Amazon for only $599 and I'll bet that would be double here.

https://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-Classic-6-Burner-Gas-Grill/dp/B00365FHG8/ref=sr_1_5?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1506467551&sr=1-5&keywords=gas+bbq+grill+6+burner

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

a 6 burner on Amazon for only $599 and I'll bet that would be double here.

I guess you missed my post where I linked to one for sale for only ₱24,000 which works out to about $100 less than what your link is stating.  Maybe the one I linked to is used, I did not check it thoroughly.  But I am guessing the op better get right on it if he wants to buy it.  The link is already a couple weeks old.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I guess you missed my post where I linked to one for sale for only ₱24,000 which works out to about $100 less than what your link is stating.  Maybe the one I linked to is used, I did not check it thoroughly.  But I am guessing the op better get right on it if he wants to buy it.  The link is already a couple weeks old.

No, I did see that OLX one and I agree that it is an exceptional deal here in the Philippines.  The seller says it is new but it has stock photos and no brand mentioned.  It looks like Charbroil but when I try to zoom on the brand it does not look like it says Charbroil.  It might be a Chinese knock-off.  The fact that she has no actual photos of it and it is her only ad on OLX makes me a bit suspicious, but it may be legit.  I certainly would want to see the unit before buying.  Why is she selling ONE brand new BBQ and she is not a business?

The one on Amazon for $599, I was vaguely comparing it to high prices I had seen at Wilcon.  I'm fairly certain the large BBQs were 30,000 and up even much higher.

I saw some BBQs today and will post after dinner.

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 9/7/2017 at 7:10 AM, kenbryers said:

SM Clark were starting to stock them a few years ago, but of course Angeles is a long way from Barugo so I am asking if these units have been seen in Cebu...

I know this may not help you much as I am talking about Subic, but the conversation moved to pricing, so I will post this.

We have American Hardware here and I have posted about them before.  They have a lot of quality imported goods but the prices are really high.  Everything is priced in USD.  I went in today and took a look at the BBQs,  They have a good selection but I am not sure how much stock they carry. 

They have a Baker's and Chef's brand 8 burner, and I think the price was $799 or $899.  It might be something like this one but I think it had the standard type of lid that is not shown here:

https://www.amazon.com/Bakers-Chefs-Burner-Event-Grill/dp/B00D9549H8

They have a 5 burner Brinkmann that looked nice but I find that Brinkmann had gone bankrupt so parts might be an issue.  It was $699, I think.

My memory is fading but I think there was a Charbroil 6 burner for $599.  If anyone is interested I can double check.  They have a no pictures policy but I know the manager a bit and he might let me take one if I explain what it is for.

The one that really caught my eye was a 4 burner Charbroil, all stainless steel.  It is really sharp looking.  The problem is, BBQs made with low quality SS will soon rust.  I am still tempted, for $499.

It might be this one.

https://www.charbroil.com/products/gas-grills/advantage-series/advantage-series-4-burner-gas-grill

kenbryers
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I know this may not help you much as I am talking about Subic, but the conversation moved to pricing, so I will post this.

We have American Hardware here and I have posted about them before.  They have a lot of quality imported goods but the prices are really high.  Everything is priced in USD.  I went in today and took a look at the BBQs,  They have a good selection but I am not sure how much stock they carry. 

They have a Baker's and Chef's brand 8 burner, and I think the price was $799 or $899.  It might be something like this one but I think it had the standard type of lid that is not shown here:

They have a 5 burner Brinkmann that looked nice but I find that Brinkmann had gone bankrupt so parts might be an issue.  It was $699, I think.

My memory is fading but I think there was a Charbroil 6 burner for $599.  If anyone is interested I can double check.  They have a no pictures policy but I know the manager a bit and he might let me take one if I explain what it is for.

The one that really caught my eye was a 4 burner Charbroil, all stainless steel.  It is really sharp looking.  The problem is, BBQs made with low quality SS will soon rust.  I am still tempted, for $499.

It might be this one.

https://www.charbroil.com/products/gas-grills/advantage-series/advantage-series-4-burner-gas-grill

Thanks OnMyWay!

The 8-burner is just SEXY! And the one you saw has a lid, right -COOL!!!!

Jollygoodfellow had sent a 5-burner pic similar to your 4-burner and I thought that was the style I wanted, but knowing the eight burner is available has changed my mind somewhat.

Thanks so much for following up on my request.

Cheers Ken.

kenbryers
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Apologies Dave Hounddriver, I am only now realising you posted.

You guys talk about Amazon a lot. I have never used them and would have a novices FAQs if anyone has time to reply.

Cheers Ken.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, kenbryers said:

You guys talk about Amazon a lot. I have never used them and would have a novices FAQs if anyone has time to reply.

There are a few online sites to purchase items.  Amazon is one where you have to buy and import the item, often from the USA.  Aliexpress is another such site where many items come from China.  I would probably not choose these sites to purchase a big ticket item with no experience doing so.  It is possible (having happened to me) that BOC will nail you for VAT when the shipment arrives.  Lazada.ph is an in-country site so the customs and VAT are taken care of already.  OLX is a risky site.  Find what you want there but do the deal in person as it is filled with scammers.

I think, since the 8 burner that OnMyWay posted about really gets your motor running, you have to decide if price is an issue.  If not then buy it and have it shipped and pay any customs or VAT on arrival.  Keep in mind it could get very pricey as (in my personal experience) the BOC charged on what they think its worth not on what was paid.  I had to prove to them that they could go on line and buy the same item at the price I paid before they would reduce the amount they charged me.  A bit of a pain but if your item is not available any other way then go for it.

The alternative would be to go to one of those American Hardware branches that OMW talked about. 

9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

We have American Hardware here

If the BBQ is something that gets you salivating then there is nothing like shopping in person so take a trip to somewhere that has an American Hardware store and look at their stock.  Perhaps OMW could get you the managers phone number?  And you could call before making the trip.  Bring a filled wallet :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Aliexpress is another such site where many items come from China.

Note that "from China" does not mean cheap.  Here are examples of what you can get from Aliexpress.  Ouch on the price though

US$ 4,275 click here

US$ 3,267 click here

There are many more on the site but the shipping (included in the price I quoted) is high on all of them.  I suspect Amazon's shipping rates will be high too.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The alternative would be to go to one of those American Hardware branches that OMW talked about. 

If the BBQ is something that gets you salivating then there is nothing like shopping in person so take a trip to somewhere that has an American Hardware store and look at their stock.  Perhaps OMW could get you the managers phone number?  And you could call before making the trip.  Bring a filled wallet :thumbsup:

As far as I know there is only one American Hardware.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 9/28/2017 at 12:47 AM, OnMyWay said:

My memory is fading but I think there was a Charbroil 6 burner for $599 $699.  If anyone is interested I can double check.  They have a no pictures policy but I know the manager a bit and he might let me take one if I explain what it is for.

It might be this one.

See correction in red.  I was in there today and the 6 burner was $699.  It includes a side burner / warmer too.

• Like 1